“Blondes really do have more fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Blonde Barrel

The Blonde Barrel
Ranked #702 of 1,252 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Drinks, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Blondes really do have more fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

This bar is located in the Times Square area of Newcastle and offers a range of wines, beers and cocktails - I recommend their Long Island Ice Tea. Not as rowdy as other city centre bars, they have an outside seating area, with TV where they screen live events, the most recent being the World Cup. A nice bar with pleasant decor.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank ozboyz

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Awesome bar staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We popped in for a quick snack and drink before going to The Arena. The bar staff couldn't have been more helpful. There were no tables but as soon as one became free he came and took us to the table. Meal was what we expected, hot & tasty and well presented. Would definitely go back.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank ZoeandStu
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Group Visit - Celebrating my Birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I visited this venue on 12.04.14 for my birthday celebrations, myself and all of my friends ordered food, which arrived within the allotted time frame stated by the waiter due to how busy it was. The food arrived 20 minutes after we ordered. I find some of these comments surprising due to the quality of service we received, especially the comments regarding the food being greasy, we ordered over 15 meals, all of which went down like a treat. We were all over the moon with what we had ordered. Don't get me started about the COCKTAILS!! They had to be the best part of the night, I think I drank my body weight in them.. Good variety, well presented and affordable.

I will definitely be visit this venue again in the near future :D - Thanks for a great night..

• Visited April 2014
“Particularly Unfriendly Staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

One visit is enough here. Ordered food of myself and friends and the bar staff are easily the rudest I have encountered. They are more interested in chatting to each other than providing a service. This is a service industry you're working in.... Waiting and ignored at the bar while staff chat or potter about doing nothing is not acceptable, drinks were then slammed onto the bar without a word, just a scowl.

Food.... Nothing to write home about, our fish was greasy and I'm afraid way overpriced. The bar itself is dark and dingy as well even though it is glass fronted.

My advice? Go somewhere else where you'll get a smile at least even if the food is rubbish!

• Visited April 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Sneaky pint”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Went in for a sneaky drink. Bar staff are dull boring and flat... I've seen more enjoyment watching a camel suck a lemon. Try to talk to the barman he replies with a grunt. If you hate your job youngin get out of it. Drinks served warm and glasses have lip stick marks. If you want a decent drink visit another bar. This is a mortuary. The interior is badly decorated and the lights if they are even existent are a joke!!! Seen more light in an eclipse! This bars Tosh!!!

3 Thank Supsatruth