“Shouldn't have gone here”
Review of Akenside Traders

Akenside Traders
Ranked #325 of 1,304 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$0 - US$16
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 22 April 2014

There was one staff member serving drinks and food, and it took 10 minutes before she even took our order. There were 2 separate orders but for one table. Mine arrived pretty quickly. It started to go cold so I decided to eat it. I had finished before my friends' order arrived! The food was ok, but nothing special and due to the slow and poor service I would not recommend eating here.

1  Thank HelenYorkshire2013

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Firstly I have to defend the " tall dark girl " from the previous review , if your food doesn't come then why do you wait until everyone's finished and it's being cleared before informing them????? I don't believe you either . Anyway this place is great !!!!!!!!! It is very much like a weather spoons relaxed well priced with good pub grub ! We contacted loads of local pubs in Newcastle with regards to watching a international rugby match and basically accommodating 30 welsh rugby boys on a stag, this pub was the only one to do so , we got there and the staff were polite and service was of a high standard , they did not let customers have "wild times" that meant others couldn't enjoy but at the same time reserved a area to ensure we kept to one side , and due to this and service and general everything we showed them the respect they deserve. If your planning a trip then contact them their by far the most accommodating and genuine people that I have had the pleasure of meeting within the uk!!! And trust me we have visited many a town on tour !!!! Pop your head in regardless if your on your own or a big group and you won't be displeased !!!

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I had arranged a booking at the Akenside Traiders pub for the 1st February for 34 boys. Andrea was outstanding, She rung me when I was lost trying to find the pub, she organised us with a reserved seating area, and put the Rugby on a big screen for us.

The burger we had was excellent, it was one of the best burgers we have tasted in a long time.

She was excellent, and I would recommand the Akenside Traider pub to anyone

5*+

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We called in here one night and it was a busy pub with a good atmosphere. It was lively but not roudy. The prices are average and the range of beers is good, especially if you're like me and like to try local cask ales. They do lagers (or world beers) and cocktails.
It was comfortable and I wouldn't recommend it if I didn't like it.
The barman was really helpful and I asked him for one of the plastic beer signs they use on the pumps, he went in the back and found me a spare - he was a good ambassador for the pub!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

At the end of a stag weekend half a dozen of us decided to get some lunch at the Akenside and watch the football, as our flight home wasn't til evening time. First impression, the place is great if you like football, there are countless screens, both large and small, with plenty of standing room and ample seating. Newcastle were playing too, so the atmosphere wasn't bad. However, five of us ordered food, and only 4 meals arrived. When a member of staff - a tall, dark girl - came to clear some of our plates away, my friend - a man in his 50s - explained that he still hadn't received his food, but the staff member didn't appear to automatically believe him. Unfortunately none of us were issued with a receipt, and so all my friend could do was point out the bartender who had taken his order.

After corroborating the facts with the bar person in question, the tall, dark waitress told my friend his food would be out in a few minutes. No apology was made. Less than 10 minutes later, which was roughly 30 minutes after my friend had ordered, the remaining meal was delivered by the tall, dark girl. Once again no apology was made.

After our food, which was at best average, we moved to the pool tables and played a few games whilst watching the football, with just 2 of our party drinking alcohol, the rest of us having to drive at the other end. All in all though we bought a fair few rounds of soft drinks etc. At one point I absentmindedly set my glass on the pool table and was instructed to remove it by the tall, dark bar maid from earlier. I apologised sincerely and immediately removed it. The barmaid then went about her business, but not before fixing me with the most contemptuous look. I thought I had imagined it til the other members of the group commented.

Perhaps the staff member in question was having a bad day, perhaps she was unhappy that a senior had instructed her to come and speak to me, or perhaps she's just had her fill of stag and hen parties. Either way our group were a sedate bunch who spent close on 100 pounds at Akenside Traders between 12 noon and 6pm, on food and drink, and the service we received was poor.

I wouldn't recommend.