“In need of an update!”
Review of Metro Radio Arena

Metro Radio Arena
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have been visiting the arena for many years, and hisbyear 4 times in the month of May alone. However, one of those times was a major let down this time. Me and my husband went to see Michael McIntyre and had floor seats. On arrival to our seats we found we had different chairs to the rest of the arena (theee rows at the back had been added on). At first we were pleased with the different seats as they were padded, however we soon realised that we weren’t so lucky. Once the people at both sides of us came none of us could move. We weren’t the only people with this problem either and a pregnant lady along from us had to be asked to move. When we looked at the seats in comparison to the usual we saw that for every 7 original seats there were 8 padded ones, so we had less space, were very uncomfortable, yet had paid the same price as everyone else in the arena.
Once home, I emailed the arenas management, to only be told the seats we were on comply with British safety regulations and so are ok. I sent a further email to ask why they were the same price and surely customers should be aware of these before they book, and got just the same reply. Poor customer service.....roll on to the new arena getting built!!!!!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"fab"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 10 May 2018

Went to see Michael McIntyre, when I booked tickets in person I d checked the seats would work with my disability in December and they advised to ring ahead nearer the time. I made 3 phonecalls, the first 2 calls they couldn’t tell me much, but said the only help they could offer was to go in through the accessibility door and nothing else, the third call the person took the time to give me the running order, but again couldn’t help.
I arrived at the time advised, only to find it was wrong, I was extremely worried about my trip after the unhelpful ness of the phone staff, if I hadn’t paid over £100 I wouldn’t of gone, but as I arrived I spoke to a girl called Chelsea on the door, I explained my illness and repercussions, she immediately called a supervisor and between them and St. John’s they safely got me into the building and a plan to get out along with all safety concerns discussed at length.
So well done to the staff on the day, I m very grateful for all your help.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Went to see Michael Mcintyre on 4th May. He was fantastic as always. Venue has went dramatically downhill since i last visited. We left in plenty of time to get into the venue like we did the last time. Upon arriving we were kept on the main street by security who were letting groups of people upto the venue in small numbers. When we eventually got up we had to join the line. This went the length of the arena amd back down. A rude memer of staff was screaming at everone to bunch up and go closer to the fence. Everyone was doing this and causing no problems at all. Eventually got to the bag check area. Then had to wait to get scanned. Then had to get our final ticket check. When inside we waited ages to get a drink. Didnt dare que for food. By the time we went up the stairs to our seats people were still waiting to get in. Rediculous. Sat down to our seats at 8.30pm. Show started at 8pm. Missed most of the support act due to the rediculous security. I think having so many people gathered in such a way is a security risk in itself. Staff rude and unhelpful. Just shouted or grunted at us. Doubt i will be back.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Went to see Michael McIntyre (who was excellent!)

There were increased security checks, including bag searches and body checks on entering, so assuming this is now the norm give yourself extra time to get in (i think it took us about 20-25 minutes to get through the queue). Once you’re in the service for food and drink isn’t too bad, but at £5.80 for a pint of Heineken it’s expensive. I’m always pleasantly surprised at the loos; clean if basic, and plenty of them so no awful queuing.

Seating however.

We’ve been to a number of comedy and music gigs at the Arena and the seating really isn’t great. The floor seating in particular doesn’t give any gradient, so if you end up behind a six-footer then goodbye view.
We were on the last row in block B and relied pretty much entirely on the screens rather than looking at the stage. For previous events we’ve been on the raised levels down the sides, and as long as you’re not right at the back of the Arena they’re ok so would book these in future.

Finally, when you’re ready to leave keep hold of your friends because it gets seriously busy - leaving via the side exits is usually quickest, and it means you’ll avoid being kettled in the foyer as the stewards try to prevent congestion out side.

1  Thank universemonkey
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 May 2018

My Partner and I visited this weekend to watch Michael McIntyre. We were both extremely surprised at the rudeness of the staff outside searching bags and scanning you, they were literally shouting at you. Bearing in mind we paid around £62 each for the show, we were expecting great seats. The closeness to the stage was absolutely great, the seats however were not! Extremely uncomfortable, no leg room and so cramped. I had an overweight person on my side and I literally only had half a seat to sit on because of this. My back was certainly aching by the end of it. When I return next, I will no longer sit on the ground seats they are just too uncomfortable.