“Good food bad service”

Shiraz Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Shiraz Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #282 of 1,252 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$16 - US$32
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Set in the Heart of Newcastle City Centre near the infamous Bigg Market, Shiraz offers a fusion of beautiful, authentic Indian Cuisine within a stylish, contemporary setting. Our newly refurbished 100-seat restaurant caters from individual dining to large groups.For a truly rewarding dining experience, you can find us up the stairs on the first floor of 39b Groat Market.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Good food bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

I attended Shiraz on saturday 21st December for my wifes birthday. I decided to try Shiraz for the first time after reading the good reviews.
I booked a table in advance expecting it to be busy. I need not have bothered the place was empty and lacked atmosphere.
When it came to ordering drinks we asked for a bottle of chardonnay and we were informed they had sold out. How could they possibly sell out on a Saturday considering the place was empty.
so we settled for an alternative bottke of white. When the waitress brought the bottle over she dumped it on the table and never bothered to ask if I wanted to taste it or pour our glasses. This is standard service and is expected from all good restaurants.
its not all negative though as the food was fantastic and I enjoyed every course. I have rated this restaurant 3 out of 5. If the service was better I would have rated it 5.
Overall I wish I had picked somewhere else to celebrate my wifes birthday. Somewhere with some atmosphere and good customer service

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

very beautiful restaurant and outstanding food, lovely staff.
Greatly recommended for anyone wanting their money's worth.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Paul C”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Went there recently on a Living Social voucher , food and Service were excellent , would definitely return and recommend .

Newcastle upon Tyne
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

We went to the Shiraz after a football match on a Saturday. There was a special deal on, poppadum, starter, main with rice or nan for £9.95 - pretty good for December when most places suspend their special menus. The poppadum tasted as if it had been microwaved - a bit soggy with only a small portion of pickle. I have prawn pakura for starters and prawn madras with mushroom rice - both the starter and main were tasty. They only do bottled beers. I had Kingfisher £4.95 for a 660ml bottle. The service was quite good. I'll probably visit again.

Cambridgeshire
“Nice fish curry, tandoori overlooked.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

A disappointment, despite nice people and reasonable wine. Starter prawns a little overlooked but ok, nice Goan fish curry, but really sub-standard tandoori platter, little flavour and dried out. Surprising, as there is so much local competition, but we won't be back.

• Visited December 2013
Surina C, Public Relations Manager at Shiraz Indian Cuisine, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Good Morning,

Hope you are well.

We are really sorry you did not enjoy your experience with us. Shiraz is a family run restaurant and we pride ourselves on ensuring everyone leaves satisfied. As you can see from the majority of our reviews our customers leave us happy.

We find it very disappointing when a customer leaves feeling that our food was not of a high standard and can only put it down to a bad day at the office, as much as we try to get it perfect every time we are only human.

Please email me at surina@shirazcuisine.co.uk and we will do what we can to rectify the matter.

Please accept our sincere apologies.

Kind regards