“Very Poor”

Shiraz Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Shiraz Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #281 of 1,270 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$16 - US$32
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Set in the Heart of Newcastle City Centre near the infamous Bigg Market, Shiraz offers a fusion of beautiful, authentic Indian Cuisine within a stylish, contemporary setting. Our newly refurbished 100-seat restaurant caters from individual dining to large groups.For a truly rewarding dining experience, you can find us up the stairs on the first floor of 39b Groat Market.
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
“Very Poor”
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

I've never written a review before but as I only booked this restaurant after reading such great reviews I thought it is only right to add my own review so others don't make the same mistake!
I went with my partner early on a Monday night it was very quiet but that might of just been the time. No atmosphere at all. Decor was tacky. Staff were obviously not very well trained or experienced, no personality to be found! But worst of all the food was very disappointing. My chicken chat was flavourless followed by a jaipury jeera which was too dry to even swallow. My partner also found his food disgusting! We didn't feel the staff present had an attitude welcoming of complaints so we left 90% of the food and reluctantly paid our bill. I'm feeling generous today so I'm giving 2 stars! I won't be falling for this again.

• Visited January 2014
Surina C, Public Relations Manager at Shiraz Indian Cuisine, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Good Evening,

Thank you for your review.

We are very sorry you did not enjoy your experience with us at Shiraz. We are a family run establishment and pride ourselves on our customers enjoying their time with us.

Our aim is to get it right 100%, however we are only human and things do not always go to plan which is the minority of the time, as you can see from the majority of our reviews.

Could I ask which Monday you are referring too, as we have been fully booked for the last few weeks now, including Mondays, so I am not sure when you visited our "empty" restaurant. Our décor is very new and tastefully done, I am sorry it was not up to your liking, it would be a very boring world if we all like the same thing, fortunately the majority of our customers do like it.

With regards to the poor service you received, please could you email me with whom it was that served you as this is not acceptable and will be dealt with accordingly.

You can email me at: surinacollins@googlemail.com

Kind regards
Surina Collins

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Third vist to Shiraz, and again no complaints. Food is first class, staff friendly and you are never rushed. Always made to feel welcome and not over priced.
Looking forward to my fourth!!!!!!!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Our third visit to Shiraz and wasn't disappointed , my choice was chicken tikka for starters and tandoori king prawns for main , both were lovely and the prawns were large and plenty of them arrived sizzling , the nan breads are the best i have tasted , my partner choice was bhuna prawn purée and lamb madras was equally as good . The food is fresh and tasty and the staff couldn't be more pleasant and helpful , the food is just as nice here as the more swanky and expensive Indians in Newcastle well done to bundi and the staff ,,we will be returning .

workington
“Not quite up to rating”
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Whether Newcastle has no decent Indians to compare against I don't know.this was like number ones so as avid curry eaters yes we had to try eat after last year's disappointing tandoori nightsmenu was so so.noting wild but then ill didn't tell u anything to get u excited.not much wine choice and xhen xe did get food it was small portions.ok for taste but no better then local take away.saying that not that pricey an nice staff but disappointing if trip advisor ratings are nanyting to go by

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Okayish food shame about the service”
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Was there with business colleague.

As soon as we walked in one of the waiting staff was looking at my client in a slightly inappropriate way.

We shrugged it off as we thought it may be a one off, so we decided to order.

We ordered and the starters took around 35mins to come and then the mains around another 30 mins.

I found it appalling as some of us hadn't we ate all day and we were hungry.

We addressed our concerns to one of the waiting staff and they weren't helpful at all.

No excuses to be honest the food was good but we've had better, we'll think twice going back.

1 Thank FoodWizz
Surina C, Public Relations Manager at Shiraz Indian Cuisine, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Good Morning,

Thank you for your review.

Please could you email us with regards to the member of staff whom you feel was inappropriate, as this is not acceptable and we will address this as a matter of urgency.

My email address is Surina@shirazcuisine.co.uk

We hope you will give us the opportunity to rectify this situation.

Kind regards