“Fab curry house”

Shiraz Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Shiraz Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #285 of 1,267 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$16 - US$32
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Set in the Heart of Newcastle City Centre near the infamous Bigg Market, Shiraz offers a fusion of beautiful, authentic Indian Cuisine within a stylish, contemporary setting. Our newly refurbished 100-seat restaurant caters from individual dining to large groups.For a truly rewarding dining experience, you can find us up the stairs on the first floor of 39b Groat Market.
Chester-le-Street, United Kingdom
“Fab curry house”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have eaten at the Shiraz twice. The first time was with a Groupon voucher and the 2nd time was on the Sunday night of the recent bank holiday weekend. We entered as a group of 7, just behind a group of about 25 men. Thought that was bad timing but the service was still spot on. The 7 of us ordered off the Happy Hour menu. Free poppadoms and pickle tray followed by a starter each, main course and a choice of nan or rice. A real bargain at £9.99!! The food was truly delicious! Me and my partner had chilli prawn starters which consisted of 2 huge prawns in their shells in a lovely chilli sauce and salad. My partners parents both had onion bhajis and described them as the best they had ever had. For the main course we were allowed to order 4 main courses from the main menu not included in happy hour, for no extra charge.
My South Indian Chilli Chicken main was one of the best curries I have ever had! (I've tried a great deal of curry houses)
A great dining experience and i can't wait for a return visit! Top notch!!

chesterfield
“very very ordinary”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Ate here a month ago and came away disappointed. I thought it was pretty expensive for what you got and the service was very very slow despite the restaurant being fairly empty.

The mixed starter was ok but nothing special and i then ordered one of the house special lamb curries which the friendly young waitress asked me to let her know what i thought after as it was her favourite but they had just taken on a new head chef who did it differently! If you like bland then it was different......

The nan bread was also lukewarm/cold which may be acceptable on a takeaway but is unforgivable when it has to travel 20 feet from the kitchen to your table in my book!!

I have seen that this is a hidden gem on some reviews and can only say that is the best way for it to stay as my local take away does much much better food.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Fantastic food and great service. Brilliant! We have been here a few times and the food is always excellent. We usually have starters and a main, and can recommend the chicken chat and bhuna Prawn. There are usually 10 of us in a party, and the service is always prompt and the meals hot. The staff are attentive and nothing is too much of a problem. You must try it!

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“A dam good curry”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Just been to Shiraz for the second time with my good lady and it has got to be one of the most tasty curry houses going. I had a lamb jalfrezi and my partner had a chicken kari vindaloo hot . One of the most outstanding features of the food from this establishment is the taste it's mouthwatering. No bland currys here! Also a small detail is a complementary pickle tray and popadoms . Prices also reasonable......will be back

Visited May 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were very impressed with the food, tasty and the lamb dish i had was very tender. The staff were attentive and friendly. The only down side was we had to wait for 50 minutes between our starter and main which was rather frustrating but the restaurant was busy at the time. Will be going back again.