“A tea lovers dream!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Amazing selection of teas and coffees although some good quality decaf wouldn't go a miss as I was pregnant when visiting so my choice was severely limited.
Lovely food although a little overpriced for the size of portions.
The place is fab, great bustling atmosphere and consistently busy due to being right by the Uni. You will have to wait for a table.....
Service could be better as we weren't seated, spotted our own table but then waited ages to get menus and get our orders taken. Despite this all staff are super friendly and knowledgable about the food and drink available.

1  Thank Lou T
There are newer reviews for Quilliam Brothers

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

LOVE their motto, LOVE their tea and LOVE the brothers! Excellent service, wonderful tea and great location and decor, Jo faults, just a great experience

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Quilliam Brothers may be a bit of a walk from the centre of Newcastle but its well worth it, great interior, lovely relaxed atmosphere, wide selection of teas & delicious food. I went with my daughter & she said the scone was the best she'd had in ages.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I've lived here all my life and had such a problem when it's 9pm and I'm desperate for a cup of tea or coffee! Not only that, but at university, I'm always craving a cup of tea and can't bring myself to head into the union for a standard English breakfast (tea snob). Quilliam's tick all the boxes and more. The atmosphere is great, and the interior is so cosy. The staff are the nicest I've ever come across, anywhere - they really go out of their way and it's obvious they love what they do. Perfect place for any time of day, I much prefer heading here on a weekend evening than to Sinners for a treble!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is one of my favourite places in Newcastle full stop. Free film showings every Tuesday and Thursday as well as a crazy late closing time of one o'clock in the morning in addition creates a great place to catch up with a friend, study or come in after a late one for a tasty caramel brownie and a cup of the finest tea you'll ever taste.

Although the tea is £2.50 you get a pot of 3-4 cups worth. And if you feel peckish, food is served from 8:00-15:00. I've had the breaded chicken and the pulled pork served in a stottie which were lovely. An assortment of cakes and pastries are always at hand when serving time has past.and taste equally as lovely.

As a mention this building has been boarded up all the 20 years of my life in Newcastle and it makes a nice change, especially for a tea lover like me. Also, I recommended Gunpowder tea, as its my favourite green tea, to the brothers when the tea house opened in June; as they did not have it stocked.

Around December when I came back from uni they had Pinhead Gunpowder tea in stock. So if you have a recommendation tell the Quilliams.