“A lovely spot”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
West Yorkshire
“A lovely spot”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

A lovely tea shop - excellent choice of different types of teas and lovely carrot cake - in fact it was hard to choose a cake as they all looked so good! Very helpful and knowledgeable service.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank AliSheph

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Relaxed atmosphere in the evening!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Quilliams not only has a massive range of interesting teas to try, it also has a lovely laid back atmosphere. So nice to have somewhere to relax in the evening that is not a pub. We went for a family catch up and had coffee, tea and cakes and were able to stay late into the evening with no one rushing us and lovely candlelit atmosphere as the light faded outside. Memorable!!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank AlisonJ_10
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Best scones in the world! Honest”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I have visited the QB tea house three times now, it is always busy but I have never had to wait long for a table. I did not know that you can book a table, which is probably best a mealtimes. They take great pride in the quality of both food and drink and I and my friends have always had good meals. You need to check out the ginger beer scones, they are fab. They used to have really ugly maroon t pots but today I noticed they were black - yay. In the lowere floor ther is a tiny cinema were they show films sometimes but I havent tried this as yet. My only niggle is that they do not do a decaff coffee and as a migraine sufferer who loves coffee this was a bit of a disappointment. Would definitely visit again and I am currently on a mission to take all my friends there one at a time. Good for people of all ages.

North East
“Excellent coffee!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I am one if the fussiest coffee drinkers around... And I loved the two cups of "Americano" with cold milk served at Quilliams this morning. My first visit but the cafe came with high recommendations from my friends. Service was speedy and exceptionally friendly. I'd have loved to have tried breakfast or a pastry and I'll definitely be visiting on an empty stomach next time. Thank you!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Bevcarriage
Newcastle Upon Tyne
“First timer”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I love tea, so seeing a tea menu S vast and diverse as Quilliam brothers was a treat. Many people had told me I should visit so as soon as I had an excuse I did.
I also had some food with my pot of nilgiri.
The service was fairly quick and polite enough for an unobtrusive afternoon. Obviously as a popular spot the upstairs area was full with quite a long wait but the downstairs is still quite pleasant.

Food cane quick and was really good for the price.

Will be back for a film night for sure.