“A Nice Discovery For Good Value Lunch.”

NINE Sports Bar & Lounge
Ranked #359 of 1,267 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Pizza, Bar, Grill
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“A Nice Discovery For Good Value Lunch.”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

My son and I went to have a look at the Stadium and found this place. Not being Newcastle fans going in felt quite strange, but putting loyalties aside we both really enjoyed it. A very good value lunch menu and a game of pool. I would certainly recommend for anyone looking for a cheap place for a meal or a snack.

“Great pub grub!”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the nearby Sandman for a long weekend, over to watch the footy. Visited this bar quite a few times and ate here 3 times. Food v reasonably priced, beers too and the food quality was excellent. Burgers and chilli hot dog was fantastic and the best pub grub we had over out trip.
They do 2 x main courses £10 off a set menu mon- fro which was great value ( fish was massive)
Check it out- nice bar to sit in afterward food also with loads of screens and pool tables too.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Worth it!”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We've tried here a few times both for food & drink & have been pleasently surprised. The interior is fab & the staff are always friendly & helpful. Drinks are reasonably priced, as is the food & there is always deals on or "push the button" for drinks deals. We've eaten here a few times, just out of curoisty and becuase they were very helpful when we enquired about gluten free for my daughter. The first time we ate I ordered fish and chips, which came on a wooden slab, with the fish wrapped in newspaper (made from greaseproof paper) which absorbed any greese & the chips were proper home made & chunky - even the mushy peas were nice. My daughter (who is gluten free) opted for the grilled chicken breast & chunky chips - so nice for her to be able to have home made chunky chips whilst out rather than a salad & she was able to pick from a range of sauces which came in a side dish (first time she picked Jamie Olivers extra hot sauce). On a later date we took my husband & this time I ordered pasta arrabiatta, which came with garlic bread, my husband order a pizza & a side of curly fries & my daughter again went for the chicken breast & chips but this time with a sweet chilli sauce. We all really enjoyed it. It is definatly a place to consider when shopping in town or even if you fancy an evening meal, we were surprised in a very good way & would never hesitate to walk from the centre of the town to the Nine bar. It's the perfect place to stop of for a drink too or even a tea/coffee as it serves Costa. The menu caters for everyone! It ranges from traditional meals such as fish & chips, steak, chicken, salmon, noodles, pasta, jackets, sandwiches, burgers, salads, pizzas, omlettes etc. Really is worth a visit & worth that walk!

• Visited February 2014
“loved the food will go back”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

On Tuesday the 18th of Feb I had a all day breakfast.It was excellent for taste and value.I will have the breakfast again and I recommend it.Newcaste United seaon ticket hoders an 12 man members get 10% off food.The pub is very clean and the staff are very friendly.

• Visited February 2014
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Excellent Venue”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I organized a party at this venue, the whole experience was excellent from the initial e-mail, talking to manager, he could not be more helpful, to the evening itself. On the night the food was excellent, the staff excellent and the venue was lovely, with plenty of space and very clean. 5 Stars all round.

• Visited January 2014