“Funny?”
Review of The Suggestibles

The Suggestibles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Suggestibles improv comedy group performs at The Cumberland Arms the first Saturday of every month (December varies). The Suggestibles have been attracting crowds to the upstairs venue of this real ale pub since 2004. The six-strong cast takes suggestions from the audience to inspire scenes, sketches and songs. If you like Who's Line is it Anyway? You'll love the Suggestibles! The night is very different to stand-up. It's theatrical with a friendly, party atmos. The Cumberland Arms is a short walk from Newcastle's quayside, (nearest metro is Byker) with wonderful views from its huge beer garden and B&B rooms. It's a real ale pub, with snug fires, friendly folk, and a warm welcome. Year round the Cumberland presents mini music, comedy and beer festivals, and is not to be missed on your trip to Newcastle. The first Saturday of the month combines Newcastle's best-loved comedy group and pub-venue in one go! The Suggestibles: "One of the hottest comedy tickets in the Northeast' The Guardian. As seen in The Times Top 5 Comedy Nights Out Nationwide.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Hilarious..... got face ache!! great bar too, will be going again for sure.
It's a monthly show, last Friday of the month and they also perform at the Stand in Newcastle... GO!!!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Having had no experience of comedy clubs or improvisational comedy, I had no idea what to expect. This was an extremely entertaining show and I have no doubt it'll be equally entertaining yet completely different next time I go!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I saw the Suggestibles about 6 or 7 years ago. I don't know why I waited so long to see them again. My cheeks and belly were sore with laughing. They are quite simply hilarious. What more can I say? Brilliant!

Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Went to the show on the evening of Feb 28th. We have a friend who has recently become Cancer free, after a double mastectomy and a long fight. Although she tries to stay positive, the recovery combined with the illness her medications cause, can beat her down a bit.

A close friend suggested 'The Suggestibles' & we thought we'd give it a try. My wife and I booked 3 tickets for us and our recovering pal, Jayne. In the afternoon of Feb 28 I realised that I hadn't ever received a confirmation of the tickets. I emailed the Suggestibles email address and both Ian and Bev replied to me. Bev and I went back and forth about 5 different times trying to figure out if our ticket purchase had gone through. In the end the tickets were purchased, I just forgot what email address I had registered under.

Regardless of how the show was going to be I was very grateful to Bev for taking time out of her day (the day of the show even) to assist me.

The show itself was honestly one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Fun, interactive, spontaneous, sometime silly but never boring. The completely on the spot musical , 'Aspects of the North/South divide', had me singing 'Milk the Cow' for days.

At the end of the night, as we were walking out of The Cumberland Arms, Jayne looked absolutely shattered. I thought for sure she was going to comment about how tired she was and instead she turned to us and said, "We DEFINETLY have to come see them again!!!" Aside from the fact that we loved the show, we knew right then that she had had an evening simply filled with joy. That makes the show A++++ in our book.

The only bad thing is that we can't make it to the March 28th show.

Thank you for a great experience guys, you're the best. Xoxo

1  Thank murphy710
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I knew that the week at work was going to be a very heavy duty one so had planned Friday at the Cumberland with the Suggestibles as the perfect antidote. I was not disappointed and duly went home with face- ache. My friends who hadn't seen them before also had a fantastic night. So much laughter really does make you feel wonderful. Such talent and imagination combined with real audience participation is rare.