“best by far!”

Ranked #109 of 1,262 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$7 - US$46
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“best by far!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Eaten here several times and have always had excellent service and beautiful food. Having eaten in most other asian restaurants in town, in my opinion osaka is by far the best. The sashimi is the freshest ive eaten, highly recommended! Between me and my other half we've tried a good selection of the menu and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent and the staff are brilliant, they have always made a huge effort to make us feel welcome and remember us as returning customers. This place deserves the high rating and I will continue to recommend it to anyone that will listen!

Visited May 2014

• Polish first
newcastle
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great choice of sushi and noodley things. Perfectly judged service with 'there but not intrusive' waiter. Lovely decor and food tasted fantastic! Sushi, sashimi, maki and temaki available for most of the options. Noodles and soup dishes were tasty and the bento box with rice, sushi, maki, sashimi, miso, pickles and salad looked amazing (slightly wished I'd ordered that but only because my eyes are bigger than my stomach and I wanted to try everything!)
Can't rate this highly enough. Ate ourselves to a standstill (soft shell crab temaki, Hokkaido scallop temaki-the hand rolled seaweed cones, 3pieces yellow tail and 3 pieces salmon maki, sea urchin sushi, octopus sushi and a big bowl of spicy beef broth with udon noodles, 2 beers and a huge pot of green tea with toasted rice all for £45 )

1 Thank piglit25
Amsterdam
“Great food and very good value”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Chanced upon this restaurant as my colleagues were considering some of the alternative restaurants in the area. I was really pleased we ended up here.
Can you buy finer quality Japanese food - yes, at a significant price difference. The menu range was fairly extensive and the overall quality of the food was very good. Nice range of sake and knowledgeable advice about each one.
Service was also good, without being 'in your face'.
Had a thoroughly enjoyable evening and left with a bill that I thought was very good value for money.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Delightful Lunch!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We were greeted on arrival by a really friendly waitress who looked after us well. An older man ( I assume management) came over to chat to us after our meal who was also very polite and made us feel very welcome.
We ate off the lunchtime menu- very good value and the food outstanding. Only one thing which I'd comment on is the sushi was a little bland compared to others I've had - but still tasty!
Service was quick and the main courses couldn't be faulted.
A wonderful restaurant, the decor is lovely and I can't wait to return. This restaurant really deserves to do well and provides strong competition for others in the area.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank RustyTing
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“I have been to better Japanese restaurants in Newcastle!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I got recommended to go to this restaurant, by a few people and was very disapointed. When we arrived at the restaurant, one of the waitress's was not very welcoming. All the front of house staff, was not attentive in any way. They did not have any manners and they were very dull (No personality what's to ever). All they seemed to be bothered about, what they will be up to later and how does my hair and make up look. The food was average nothing special. I have been to better restaurants such as nudo. I will not be returning!! Please retrain your front of house staff or you!

4 Thank Sonicangel87