“Costly disappointment!”

Maryport, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Costly disappointment!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We booked Battlezone for a stag doo to go quad biking, we paid £40 each for an hour session, on first impressions everything seemed fine. The overalls were clean, the track looked awesome with many obstacles, puddles and fields, just what you want for quad biking!

After a brief safety talk on the workings of the bike, they then went on to tell you about the functions of the bike they didn't want you using? Like back breaks etc as these components are costly to repair,this left us all looking a bit bemused as surely being allowed to use all the components on the bike would be much safer and more enjoyable. This left us feeling that we weren't going to get quiet the full quad biking experience!

We were then introduced to our marshalls who would be with us though out the course, they broke us in to two groups one of four and one of five, I was in the second group. To which we were slightly disappointed as we were on stag weekend and it was all about enjoying it together, we were told on entering the track that it was not a race and there is strictly no overtaking. The first Marshall set off then we all followed one by one, with the second Marshall following behind.
With a Marshall being in front and one behind with no overtaking we were kept at a very slow pace. So much so that a couple of the bikes kept on stalling due to lack of revs, this ment that everybody came to a holt On several occasions!

After following the marshalls round for fifteen minutes they got us to swap with rest of the party thus giving me my turn, after watching the first party to be honest I was not that excited about going on them. I was the third person in the group of four and my quad bike kept on stalling, eventually the last Marshall gave me his bike as it was known the bike was problematic!
So trying to enjoy my time I carried on round the track, knowing that speed was never going to be a factor for my enjoyment I thought that the odd little wheel spin might fill the gap! I was strictly told no that is not allowed, previously he had mentioned it on the swapping of our bikes and said if I do it again I'm off!

As there was far to may puddles on the track going through them was unavoidable but we thought this was a part of the experience anyway as we were all dressed to get dirty, what I was unaware of was that the lead Marshall was choosing the smaller puddles to go through and we were all ment to be in an exact path of him. I made the mistake of going through one of the bigger puddles and to to my disbelief found myself being asked to get off the quad bike!
To which I quite happily obliged.

To sum it up we all paid for an hours quad biking to which we all only had fifteen minutes, everyone said they were disappointed and a waste of time! After we all got over this we went on to enjoy the rest of the weekend in Newcastle, is a excellent night out!!! Just thought I would share!! All the best 2 Craig Watson

Visited October 2013