“Pure delight.”

News India
Ranked #754 of 1,287 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The only time I dined here has had me craving the food ever since. Between 4 of us, we ordered Butter Chicken, Chicken Tikka Masala and two others - I can't remember exactly which two and we shared them among us. Those 4 dishes were all cooked to perfection. The flavours danced in our mouths and the additional pieces such as naans and poppadums complimented the meal perfectly.

i have never tasted Indian street food so good.

I truly hope they reopen.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

we got a take away of samosas, channa masala, butter chicken, sag paneer,chichen biryani and nans. samosas were the best and tasted like they used to in India. all the rest of the food was good quality and tasty. we all really enjoyed it.They should have a few more options but all in all good good at the right price.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

This is not a bad place to end up as you are in a popular area, though I have mixed opinions on the quality of the food as well as the service. It looks a bit small as you enter, perhaps you could extend it up a little, it will make it look more appealing. The atmosphere is on the poorer side, but it is on the busy high street, so it is not too bad. It is a bit disappointing in that sense at the moment though. This place is new, so it has time to get better. I found the food to be too much on the spicy and, despite it being fairly tasty, the spiciness did lose much of its flavor. Nonetheless, I was still quite content with the food - this is one of the better places that I have tasted Indian Food in the Newcastle/Gateshead area and certainly a good change if nothing else and something different which has started to develop in the area and overall, I do not think it is a bad idea.

The service was friendly, but he was rather controlling at one point and the person who served had misunderstood - we did get frustrated, but because he was such a nice and pleasant fellow, we didn't mind too much. Despite some problems with the service, we did like him, he was even quite funny. He said, "I love working here because of the delicious Indian food!". We do want to see him being a bit less controlling in the future though!

I just wish that the food was a lot less spicier and that there were much more options - but this is a newly established place and although it has potential, I would like to see this place grow and prosper. This is not street food that I would "rave" about by any way, shape or form and I would like this place to have far more options and the service to just think before someone anything and not presume things. The food goes well with a naan. The prices were pretty much standardized - I wouldn't say it is reasonable, but it is not as expensive as most Indian restaurants and certainly worth the value, so I am not complaining about that. Overall, the food is fair, but could be much better if it was less spicy and has more options. This place does have potential and I would come here once in a while when we cannot be bothered to make anything, but I would recommend this place. I hope it gets better over time.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

we popped by on our way home and they did say they were just about to close. We bought Lemon Ginger Chicken and Chatpata Chana Masala (chickpea curry) both came with rise. At the price, you can't be robbed and boy were they both tasty and not without heat and intensity - really hot and tasty. I did have to microwave them when I got home as they just weren't hot enough.

I guess it's the shop layout - a bit like school dinners but only visually with the steel heated tray thingies. There the similarity ends!

Deffo worth a try and we will go again I'm sure.

Tiny negative - lose the 'Sir this and Madam that' - I get the polite thing but its just a bit embarrassing.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Not been open long so the wife and I thought we'd give it a try as we live almost opposite. Two main courses with rice for less than £11 represents great value and the curry was delicious, full flavour and a good sized portion considering we only went for the medium size. We will definitely go again

3  Thank andyw78