“Well worth a visit ”
Review of The Bridge Tavern

The Bridge Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bridge Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Bridge Tavern is an independent Brewpub & Eatery nestled directly beneath the stanchions of The Tyne Bridge
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We visited here yesterday and had a fish platter. Deep fried monkfish cheeks, squid, Craster kipper and other lovely stuff. The pork scratchings and peanuts cooked in bacon fat were to die for. Will definately be going back

1  Thank MarieLynn2013

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Took my family for Sunday shocked at the price of a Sunday lunch 11.95 but thought well it's got to be nice for that price I ordered the beef my nana order the pork and dad beef also. The table was scruffy and asked the bar staff to give it a wipe they looked unimpressed as we had disturbed their little chat amongst them self doing nowt but chatting may I add. When the food came it was a lot smaller then expected it could have been served on a small side plate 1 Yorkshire which was nice 2carrotts whole which were very tasty but that's where it stopped cabbage that was tasteless and hard roasted potatoes that tasted like they had been reheated a million times and 2 slices of extremely tuff beef no other veg what's so ever. Only thing I ate was the Yorkshire and carrots and small piece of meat I tried to get a staff members attention but they were to busy chatting and messing about. When they came to collect our plates which may I add was to late to ask if our dinners were ok I replied and told the girl it wasn't and added that the roast potatoes were in edible and they are meant to be crispy and soft inside and were awful she says ur right there she didn't apologise and walked off with our plates I expected she was going to get a manager or was going to return with an explanation this never happen SERVICE VERY POOR FOOD OVER PRICED POOR POTION SIZE DISGUSTING. I will not be returning!!

4  Thank Foxyibiza
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We went for a fishy treat here; the fish plank, some oysters cooked in a really crisp beer batter, some absolutely cock-on pork scratchings and some of the utterly fabulous pork-fried nuts. Really cracking food to be frank; the plank was replete with some gorgeous hot-smoked salmon and a really nice Craster kipper, some spicy squid and char-grilled sourdough - the tartare was pleasant and the pickled dill cucumber too, We'll be back for more snap...

You all ought to be very proud as the atmosphere is great as well.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Have been here for late night drinks before and stopped in for pre dinner cocktails. Great looking place, really well done. Great selection of ales and cocktails. Had a look at the menu for the first time and can't wait to come back and try the food. Looks amazing!

1  Thank Raymorrisemail
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I went to the bridge tavern on Tuesday 29th of July at 3pm mainly to eat, I had the haddock and 3 times fried chips, it was badly cooked the fish must have been frozen as parts of it was not cooked but the batter was burnt, the chips were inedible as I couldn't put my fork in as they were so over cooked, explaining this to the girl who served me she just went oh, so needless to say will never eat there again, oh and their was only 3 customers in so it wasn, t down to being too busy.

5  Thank mrsmw1958
Dave S, Owner at The Bridge Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Hi mrsmw1958

Are you sure you ate at The Bridge Tavern?

Your review has a specific time and date and we
have checked and we didn't sell a haddock & chips
at that time on that date?

We note also this is your first ever review on Trip Advisor

Which is very very interesting to us....

Not saying that you are a competitor who is disgruntled
with our rise up the Trip Advisor rankings... but then again...

Our fish is fresh and delivered daily. Our chips are dynamite.

So we can only conclude you either ate somewhere else or
your review is simple malice.

We look forward to seeing further reviews you make on Trip Advisor

Thanks