“Good old pub”
Review of The Strawberry

The Strawberry
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Lots of beers friendly staff a great place to meet watch the match or ore natch drinks, no quibbles. Try the pub food all as good as it gets.

1  Thank thefooddood

Reviewed 24 August 2013

To a toon supporter this is place is a shrine full of memorabilia which take a golden oldie like me down memory lane gets extremely busy on a match days so best avoided if you want a quiet drink
Always prefer to go early to mid afternoon have met some fascinating people in there over the years some real characters in fact I have always found the staff welcoming friendly and efficient the food presents very good value for what you pay so no complaints on that score Howway the Strawb

1  Thank 540PeterS
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I was up in Newcastle today (Thurs - off season) & spotted the terrace on the roof, of the Strawberry Pub, as I strolled around St James's Park vicinity. Had a pleasant time with a bottle of decent merlot, catching rays, watching the world go by/people-watching. That terrace is lovely in the summer heat - it is a right little sun trap. Nice seating, good aluminium and glass-work balustrading etc, decent clientele, good-looking ladies - some corkers, pleasant bar-staff. The boozer was clean, well-kept, etc - would have stayed there all afternoon if the wife wasn't set on going shopping in the Eldon centre -shame. A memory to treasure - I do like Newcastle.

1  Thank paddy10tellys
Reviewed 21 June 2013

such a good pub, best in the country, great atmosphere, well kept beers, friendly staff, best view in the world

1  Thank Thoms J
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I recently visited the Strawberry bar on a monday, away from the madness of a match day. I had been on a matchday before and didn't like it and had put me off going back. We wanted to go to Shearer's but it was closed. I was hesitant about going to the Strawberry. Boy was I wrong to be.
We grabbed a seat by the window and checked the menu. We ordered 2BLT's and a hangover burger. The lady behinf the counter was lovely. The food arrived 10minutes later. Wow, talk about value for money! The food was fresh and delicious and Huge!! Very impressed.
All my pre-conceptions about the Strawberry where wrong. Ok it's a mans pub on a matchday but during the week it's an anybodys bar.