“Awkward and Uninviting”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Under normal circumstances flashing Xmas lights and pictures of food in the window would have had us running but we still took a chance. Dark and dingy inside and 20 minutes to get a drink we nearly left before the giant Turkish waiter saved the day. We ordered sautéed Chicken livers, aubergine salad, calamari and mixed kebab all very tasty and Turkish but no baklava! What! In summary these guys are just playing at it they really don't know what they are doing, the service is awful and they cant have ever operated a restaurant before.

1  Thank thefooddood

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Had a groupon deal for 10 sharing mezze dishes for 2. The 5 cold ones were all dips and bread had to be bought as extra. The hot dishes was very little the meatballs which we got 4 were the size of maltesears. The food was not the best either over cooked & bland. First time I have been for a meal and still hungry, would never pay £30.50 which it was valued at. Spoke to the manager who said that he only gets £9.00 for it from groupon offered more food but by this stage just wanted to leave. Would not recomend at all also the service is slow.

1  Thank SamanthaDay434
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

We went here with a groupon voucher for a turkish meze for 2. The deal was 1 cold meze and 1 hot to share, i thought we may need to order a main to share after but was wrong. They were very filling and tasty.
I can't really comment on atmosphere as it was a monday night and there was only one other couple there, but the decor is pleasant enough.
My main gripe would be at the end of our meal i was trying to talk my girlfriend into trying baclava, but when we asked if they had it we were told "no unfortunately we only have cheesecake or ice cream"??
I think that the price was fair, we paid £14 for the Groupon, meaning each meze platter was £7. The advertised value of the voucher was £30 at which i would have felt thouroughly ripped off.
Overall i was left with a "hmmm aye, canny" attitude about the place, certainly not the type of place to rave about but then again not the place to slate either.
Would i go back??????.......probably not, tried it, done it, ticked it off the list. I would prefer to try somewhere new or go back to Red Meze.

1  Thank Trickie1982
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I bought a groupon deal for this restaurant (After wanting to try it anyway). My Dad and I went before a football match.

I booked the table for five pm and when we arrived there was no one in. The waiter was really pleasant and friendly. He told us what we could have included in our groupon and what was no longer on the menu. He was very patient as we couldn't decide what we wanted!

We both ordered a cold starter with aubergines, peppers and potatoes which came with a basket of warm Turkish bread. Really nice flavours.

I then ordered the lamb kofte (meatballs) which was served with a large amount of salad and Turkish rice. This dish was really nice and I would definitely recommend this restaurant. We had 3 alcoholic drinks and only had to pay 7.50 over the £9 groupon already paid(usually worth £21.80)

Really good value for money and fresh Turkish food.

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I visited Marmaris BBQ house with my mother using a groupon. We'd never experienced Turkish cuisine before and we were pleasantly surprised by the dishes. We were given a cold platter and a hot platter, both were lovely. No complaints and good service.