“Best wheterspoon ever”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My partner and I have visited many similar pubs and always enjoyed them. The new one in Byker is the best one of them all. The staff is extremely friendly as are the managers. The place is absolutely brilliant, no loud music, lots of space, a fire place etc We have tried the curry club, the steak club and a few other different meals. This place has become our meeting place after work now.

1  Thank LindaBelgium398

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I used to think that once you have been to one "spoons" you have been to them all, how wrong was I when I first visited the high main with my partner and daughter last boxing day.

We found it easy to get seated, esp with a buggy and find a baby chair. The staff were very friendly and the prices for food and drink unlike other "spoons" are very reasonable.

We decided to go on a rare night our as a couple on a Saturday night and the more relaxed we became the more we noticed how actually stunning the place actually is.

The ambiance is warm and lovely, again the staff were very friendly and the prices very reasonable. The food is very nice also. You can get so relaxed here despite it being packed that you do actually forget that your in byker.

There is a nice addition of a rip roaring log fire at the back and being no surprise that the seats next to it are always full. The only problem I have have is that the smoke off the fire got on my chest slightly which is they only reason I can't give it five stars sadly. I also likes how later on the night there was doormen on, a quick reminder where you are etc hopefully this isn't a temporary addition.

We look forward to our next visit once we ever get a babysitter.

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I have been here a few times with my partner and with friends for a quick bite.

If you want somewhere relaxing, with decent food and decent service without a hefty price tag I would recommend this recent addition to Shields Road.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Went twice on one saturday night (went locally for meal inbetween). First time at about 6ish and second time at about 9pm. Not rowdy or packed out. Had a spiced cider for £1 which was lovely.

I did notice that on the later visit there was still a few kids around which isn't really my cup of tea.

Bar is done out really nice. Staff friendly.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Me and my girlfriend love a good old beer and burger when out for food as we like simple foods. Having already been to the high mains sister bar the keel row in the city centre and been thoroughly pleased we thought we'd give this place a shot as it is within a short walking distance. The chicken breast burger is cooked perfectly and is very succulent likewise with the beef burger. And for only an extra you can double your burger which is well worth the money. Speaking of money everything on the menu is well priced. Not forgetting, the bar its self is very spacious and has a fantastically decorated warm atmosphere, accompanied with polite staff its well worth a visit.