“Do they really grow all of their own herbs and salad on that wall?!”
Review of The Herb Garden

The Herb Garden
Price range: US$13 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Went here on a bit of a whim on a Friday night and had to wait a little while for a table - not a problem as we could have drinks at the bar and there was a good buzz to the place with lots of people there. I've walked past a few times and you can't help notice the giant horse in the doorway. It's a really cool place being in old railway arches, modern decor with herbs growing in barrels on the back wall!
The food was great. Starters and main courses all delicious, we were all pretty full by the end of our meal! Plus both food and wine very reasonably priced for the quality of what's on offer. One of the better new restaurants in Newcastle I think. It's a little out of the way but definitely worth it.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This restaurant with cool relaxed modern decor including lots of glass jars where herbs are grown, is convenient for the central station. Had good service from a waitress but some waiters a bit over-zealous with refilling glasses. Cheap and reasonable house wine. The food was middling - a pizza was helpfully divided on request into veggie and non-veggie but was nothing special taste wise despite costing nearly £10, and a main course salad although made with an interesting mix of ingredients lacked dressing and taste. Did not have dessert.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Reasonably priced. New slick modern decor. Friendly staff. If you like jamies italian restaurants I'm sure you'll love this place. You've got to try the fresh artichokes. Absolutely delicious. Good for catching up with friends as it has a mellow and relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I was taken to the herb garden for my birthday by my husband and son. I had never heard of it and was pleasantly surprised. The rustic uniqueness of the surroundings is lovely. We sat near the back where the herbs are growing which is interesting. The waiter was very attentive and helpful as I was contemplating the beef platter but he told me it would be medium rare due to the ovens they use. I chose a pizza instead which was vey nice. The ambience of the restaurant is great and would be fantastic with a large group as they have large trestle tables. It's a bit out of the centre of newcastle but the large horse wearing leggings and rollers skates in the doorway makes it easy to find. Would definitely go back.

1  Thank Thompas155
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I visited for the first time with my boyfriend. I actually went for the calzone on the specials menu and my bf went for the pepperoni pizza. Both were super fresh and tasty.
We also shared the antipasti meat sharing plater for a starter and a nice bottle of red wine. Both of which were well priced!
The deco is really cool and quirky. The staff were helpful and friendly! Looking forward to visiting again