“Underpriced chocolate soufflé. ”
Review of The Sausage Emporium - CLOSED

The Sausage Emporium
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Embleton
“Underpriced chocolate soufflé. ”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Was recommended this place by a work friend so as a treat for the hubby decided to take him here on our date day out. It was very quiet when we went in but the staff are so friendly it made a really good atmosphere. The menu isn't huge but this is a good thing as usually too much to choose from. I had the spicy thai sausage with rice noodles and the hubby had the Wylam Ale sausage with veg and roasties. It came with gravy in a teapot which was a great quirky idea, he asked for more gravy, as Northern boys love gravy, which they made up a fresh pot of for him. I had a taste of the sausage and it was lovely. My spicy thai sausage was extremely tasty and very filling. It came with pineapple on it which I don't like but I actually thought it was mango as the thai spices made it edible for me, so well done guys for getting me to eat something I wouldn't usually! I thought I was too stuffed for a pudding, but with the offer of "if you don't like the chocolate souffle the chef will pay for it himself!", I couldn't not have one. The waitress brought it over with 2 spoons, threatening to eat it herself as it was so good, for the hubby to share with me. He didn't stand a chance! It really was to die for, and I think it is sold well under priced for what they could charge for it! As a nice little surprise to me, the owner and mastermind of this establishment, brought over a small glass of a new dessert red wine their supplier had just given them to try with the soufflé, and this made the whole experience even more wonderful! The combination of the wine and chocolate was exquisite and the perfect way to end a wonderful meal. I will most definitely be back and telling everyone about this place. Fantastic food and great service.

Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant in town! High quality and very unique!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Well what can I say about this fine establishment. I only have positive things about this amazing restaurant. It was my fiancé's, my sister's and my first time visiting this restaurant. It has to be one of my favourite places to go for food now. We were highly impressed with how friendly, helpful and professional the staff were. But the best thing about the staff they were all unique, had personality and were very quirky. Their names were, Katie, Dom, Michelle and Jake. You can tell each one took pride in how they dealt with customers, their manner.

The food was amazing too, really high standard and very unique and high quality. It had a Heston Blumenthal feel to it. I highly recommend this restaurant to anymore. They also offer vegetation and gluten free meals too, which is excellent!

You can tell they take pride in everything they do there. If I had a hat on I would take my hat off to them. They should be proud of themselves, you are doing amazing job. There should be more restaurants like this in newcastle. Thank you for giving us a fantastic experience, I will be returning very soon.

Visited May 2014
“Gluten Free Sausages? THANK YOU!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Finally a restaurant that understands!
Gluten free options for everything! Excellent source of meat and other produce.
Light, welcoming and the kind of very different that will impress friends and meetings!

Also check out the Oyster Menu!

• Visited May 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Finger-licking Food”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

A group of 6 of us visited the Sausage Emporium recently for a birthday meal. We were seated and served in a timely manner in the upper part of the restaurant. It is nicely decorated and has its little quirks like all mismatched chairs but it works. You would often hear the trains pass over your head as you ate but this didn't diminish the atmosphere, although it was quiet with only a few couples spread through the upper restaurant.

The food was amazing. most of us has starters and mains, the portions were just right. We couldn't fit desert in although they sounded very tempting. We all left very satified and cant wait to go back and try some more of their eclectic menu.

• Visited May 2014
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“THIS. IS. SAUSAAAAAGE!!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my other half come here to prop up the bar after work in the week, and often cant help ourselves and get some food!

RECCOMENDED! - the chocolate souffle is to diiiiie for, its seriously oozy and gooey and comes piping hot fresh from the open kitchen, mmm!!

John the head chef has been making his own smokey baked beans for years, (I've known him about 5 years) when he opened this place they went up a notch! Delicious, smokey beans with ADDED SMOKE. John has a smoker and adds some into little individual jars of beans before sealing them shut. Veggies - Get these!! They are seriously delicious!

John and Briony have worked incredibly hard to bring you their first ever restaurant, John the head chef is a local famous butcher and knows his way around his meat! Any meat-innuendo joke will get a smile out of him. He's a big ball of love. Ask him about his colourful tattoos ;)

Briony will do anything to make her customers happy, she loves her wine too so ask for her reccomendation! She's taught me more about wine in the past few years than anyone else :)

Hannaaah! Their little sausage dog. Hannah has free run of the restaurant in the same way dogs do in countryside pubs. She can be found either on her bed in the corner, running about looking for cuddles, or greeting customers at the door. She loves people and cuddles more than anything! Don't believe those big brown eyes, she is well fed here ;)

Needless to say The Sausage Emporium is an original, fun, lively place, with super friendly staff, a head chef who's obviously very talented with a sausage (oh matron!) and gorgeous wines to match their ever changing menu. If you're up for a laugh you'll love this place, and them, as much as I do :)