“Best Fish and Chips by far”

Gormans Fenham Fish Bar
Ranked #137 of 1,286 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 10 April 2014

You can tell how popular this fish and chip shop is by the queues on Friday evenings. The Fish is lovely, big, meaty and cooked well and the chips are thick and delicious. Good, simple food but also very easy to get wrong. Gormans does it really well. Worth the trip.

1  Thank Queenie7777777777777
There are newer reviews for Gormans Fenham Fish Bar

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Basically, I was in front of 3 people who were served before me. My jumbo cod was cooked then given to someone who had ordered after me - I was not waiting for any other element of my order and for some reason they had decided simply not to serve me - or were too dishonest to admit they had made a mistake and no effort was made to try to rectify it. Very disappointed and ended up just walking out.

10  Thank Alex A
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Gorman's Cowgate has been around for ever always selling high quality food as good if not better than any fish and chip shop in Newcastle. They now show the name of the boat which caught the fish and the brand of potatoes on blackboards every day. My favourite though are their fish cakes, fantastic!

2  Thank thefooddood
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I have been here many times when going through Newcastle. The staff and very efficient and friendly. They always gets my order correct even though they are always extremely busy. There is almost always a queue going out the door but they tend to process orders very quickly so you are really not waiting a long time.
The food itself is delicious! We always get the cod and chips and the fish is fresh. Not too oily and never overcooked. The chips are always piled on and never disappoint. The onion rings and black pudding we have always goes down a treat. The home made tartare sauce is my favourite!!
I wish they weren't so far away from where we live - but its probably a good thing as we might eat there every night!!!!
The best fish and chips i have eaten since being in the UK!!

1  Thank Shewchuk79