A large family group needed a central hotel in Newcastle and we decided that the Holiday Inn Express was ideally situated. We were attending a wedding reception at the Centre For Life and this hotel was only a 5 minute walk away. The railway station was only a little further on, maybe 10 minutes walk. The only difficulty I had was navigating a way to the front door without satnav! The hotel is readily visible on the dual carriageway but coming from the south you cannot cross a central barrier until further up the road, then you have to work your way around the side streets. Once you get there you park directly outside the main entrance to unload before parking in the adjacent Grainger Town multi-storey car park. You only pay for parking before 6pm and after 8 am. We arrived on a Saturday about 3.30 pm and were leaving at 10.00 am on the Sunday morning and it only cost £3 and that would have been through until Sunday evening so it was certainly value for money. The receptionists had very kindly put our group on the top floor (5th) to keep us away from any noisy hen/stag parties who were apparently on the lower floors. We were not disturbed by them so that was the main thing. The room was very clean and well presented. There was a sofa bed in the room and our room had a connecting door through to next door. There was no wardrobe as such but a hanging rail which was fine for our one night stay. The single door into the bathroom could be positioned to offer privacy in the toilet area. Breakfast in the morning was well presented, tasty and offered plenty of choice. The staff were friendly and helpful at check-in and in the restaurant. The hotel is only about a 10-15 minute walk from Eldon Square Shopping Centre for those needing some retail therapy. All in all we were very happy with the night we spent in the hotel and would use it again if we needed a good value, central hotel in Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in the heart of vibrant Newcastle at the Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre hotel. Located near Newcastle Central Station, our modern hotel is a short stroll from the city centre's cosmopolitan shops, bars and restaurants. Start your day right at our Express Start buffet breakfast which is always included and enjoy a choice of both hot and continental items. Ask Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre's friendly front desk staff for tips on sightseeing and getting around the city. Help yourself to tea and coffee during your business event in Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centres 2 air-conditioned meeting rooms. Getting to meetings around Newcastle is a breeze thanks to our proximity to the A1 and train and metro services from the station 300 metres away. Our convenient city-centre location, a short walk from historic St Nicholas Cathedral, makes us a good base for sightseeing. Stroll across the sweeping Gateshead Millennium Bridge for a night out in the Arts Quarter's hip bars and restaurants and head to the huge MetroCentre 3 miles away for hundreds more shopping and entertainment options. After a day's sightseeing, unwind over drinks in Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre's contemporary bar, open 24 hours, or catch up on email with our free Wi-Fi. Our helpful staff will be happy to order takeaway food for you to enjoy in the comfort of your modern guest room. Wi-Fi is free for guests who book directly with the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Holiday Inn Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Upon Tyne Holiday Inn