“Excellent Customer Service”

Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Due to extremely unfortunate circumstances I found myself stranded in Newcastle on Christmas Day.. Originally from Bristol I didn't know the area and couldn't get a train back home until 27th Dec. I phoned the hotel in a very distressed state and I must say the customer service I received was first class. Derek was working that night, he organised a taxi to pick me up and take me to the hotel, when I arrived he made me feel very welcome, he calmed me down, showed me to my room and was extremely pleasant. He took the time to make sure that I was OK before leaving. I cannot thank him enough for the excellent customer service that he showed me. He really is a credit to the hotel. Thank you Derek

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Cal12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for writing such a lovely review, We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. This review is also extra special as it mention's Derek, one of my night team who often get forgotten about. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment

Lorraine Watson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,232)

Reviewed 22 December 2012

The Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre is a simple and clean hotel close to the Central Station and St James Park. Check-inn was fast and the bedroom and bathroom are average sized but clean. We stayed two nights in room 323, arriving on Saturday December 15 and, although basic, we enjoyed our stay there. There is a free breakfast included in the room rate, but the choice is limited. Only eggs, sausage and cheese. No bacon, ham or mushrooms. But it is a start for your day. If it is busy (in the weekend when Newcastle United has a home match) you will have to wait long before a table becomes available. But with a cheap room rate and a central location, the hotel offers value for your money.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from stag or hen nights and other parties because especially during weeken...

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of recent stay with us.I am glad that you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast as you say it can be busy on weekends so the earlier you can come down the better.Thanks again for your kind review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

I stayed in there for 12 days feeling like i was home and the staff with no exception are so friendly and helpful. Although the bus stops and taxis are just out of the door, all the important sites are just walking distance. I just LOVED it there.

• Stayed: December 2012
Cal12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Dear Guest

We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations and you loved our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Reviewed 13 December 2012

Stayed here with a group of work colleagues - rooms were clean and tidy, and nice and quiet even though its right in the heart of the city and a few minutes walk from train station and pubs. Staff were very friendly and helpful, and went beyond the call of duty when we were stuck with one of our challenges for our team night out treasure hunt - Andrew your a star singer! definately stay there again, next time i'm in newcastle.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you fo your great review.We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. I am especially glad that Andrew gave such great service to you and maybe even helped you win your treasure hunt, he will be thrilled to read such kind words.We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Reviewed 9 December 2012

We stayed here for two nights from 7th till 9th December and would thoroughly recommend it. All the staff were so courteous and helpful and could not do enough for us when one of our group took ill, especially John, Lee and Kimberley. We would definitely stay here again. Great central location. Lovely rooms, sparkling clean and great breakfast made our stay so enjoyable. If you are heading to Newcastle this is the place to stay.

Dear Guest
Thank you fo your great review.We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. I am especially glad that John, Lee and Kimberley helped you when one of your party became ill, they will be thrilled to read such kind words.We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Reviewed 9 December 2012

Had a great week-end just the job the Holiday Inn Express Newcastle the rooms neat and tidy the staff welcoming no problems with parking especially good if you have a blue card nothing to pay and if not no evening charge or £5.00 for twenty four hours stay.
Hotel has a free breakfast bar continental and hot breakfast not to fancy but good and easy to use felt relaxed in their lounge / Dinner had a read at the free papers over breakfast.
Staff could not do enough for us thats my wife and two sister and self my wife needs to use a wheel chair now and again as she gets weak with Chemo therapy due to her fight with cancer no problem with the chair the wife's a different story when her and the sisters gang up on me.
Seriously Lee one of the lads on reception put us right for the xmas market and a nice itallian meal at Roberto,s on westgate road first night there walking distance even with the chair had a sumtious meal with wine and a few wee ones music in the back ground I am sure I saw a glisten in the wife,s eye might have been a splash of rosey on my glasses staff were great fantastic value whole nights enjoyment with great food and beverages nice and cosy less than £20 a head with full biffta.
Had a late night cap in the hotel at the bar a big barrel of ice for the last one before lights out up stairs.
Big breakfast and out and arround in the morning shop to you drop sisters in action great place for shopping Newcastle the girls really enjoyed theselfs had a light lunch finnished the marathon shop back to the hotel for a wee kip awoke fresh as a mountain daisy talked with Lee at the reception their all great on the recption he booked us a table at the Landside Chinese resturant for 8PM suggested a drink in Rosies bar just opposite the resturant and organised us a taxi although its walking distance in china town from the hotel needed it for the wife who had decided to go out chairless.
We had a great night the music and atmospherein Rosies is great the Resturant offered set banquets you choose which one one you want or in my case the girls choose what I wanted the table reserved was just perfect one of those leather round seating couches around the table service just the bees knees the girls looking after you make you feel welcome the food we chose could only be descriped as fabulouse with good music in the back ground with a nice bottle of wine and a few wee ones they called us a taxi and poured us in after a realy good evening straight to bed before we woke up refreshed nice shower leisurly breakfast and off home with the three witches oops sisters great weekend great staff hotel was all you need would I stay there again you bet I would I hope I can get a booking for my birthday. Give it a try you wont be sorry.

P.S Had one drink in the Dog its on the way back to the hotel its great fun especially for the gay minded and were straight.

Room Tip: Its a city hotel in a square did not hear any noise A/C was quiete book early so as not to be disapo...

Dear Guest
Thank you for your great review.We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. I am especially glad that Lee gave such great service to you, he will be thrilled to read such kind words.We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Reviewed 6 December 2012

Me and a friend got stuck at Newcastle as the roads where too dangerous to drive on every hotell could not help us as we had no card and no cash but had someone willing to make a card payment over the phone this was the only hotell that helped us, the staff are brill at there jobs and went out of there way to help us, would highly recommend and will stay again

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your great review.We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. I am especially glad that my team helped you and your friend when you were stuck .We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.