“Great Place and Location”

Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Great location, clean, tidy, modern comfortable room for money, accommodating, helpful staff!

Chaotic breakfast (short staffed) parking a problem if booking in on a match day , if not lucky like me for a change!

Definitely stay again! For the price, standard of room, and location, you can't go wrong! 10 minutes to Grey Street / centre/ Chinatown 5 minutes walk / Quayside 10 minutes / metro a short stroll!

Try!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Cal12, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Oatcake1,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel here in Newcastle.

I'm sorry to hear breakfast was chaotic.I hope this wont put you off visiting our hotel again.

Kind Regards
Guest Services

Write a ReviewReviews (1,228)

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Booked last minute for a Christmas night out in newcastle. Car parking is right next to the hotel and is free from 5pm - 8am , then 80p per hour or £5 per day. Check in was fast and easy. Twin room had comfortable beds and pillows and the shower was fine. Breakfast was turn up and help yourself. Sausage scrambled eggs and beans or continental. All staff were friendly and efficient. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will use it again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Cal12, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Westbub59,

Thank you for taking the time over this busy festive period to review our hotel here in Newcastle.

We look forward to welcoming you back in 2014.

Happy New Year.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

My sister and I recently stayed at Holiday Inn Express. I normally stay in Jury's however my sister had booked Jurys.
The staff where incredibley friendly at reception, in fact as it was Children's in Need they where all wearing onesies which was funny.
We had a tiny twin room, but it was perfect for our needs. It was a little cold but we soon warmed up once we learned how to use the heating system.
My only niggle about the Holiday Inn was that the breakfast area is a little cramped and a bit of a pain trying to get your grub.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Cal12, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear Katrina,

Thanks for taking the time over this busy time of year to write a review on our hotel here in Newcastle.

I am glad you found the onsies funny as all the staff here loved dressing u in them!

We hope you will stay with us again when you visit the City.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I have just recently returned home after spending last week managing a tour for Albion Soccer Club from San Diego.
I stayed 6 nights at this hotel, and can honestly say that the staff were excellent through out.
Nothing was to much bother, and all enquiries and questions were dealt with in a positive manner.
This was the first time the company had used this hotel, but will definately be back.
Hotel is ideally situated for all attractions and only a few minutes walk into the city.
Would just like to thank Andrew and the staff once again, for making the trip such a great success.

Robin wood
Excel International Sports.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Cal12, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Dear Mr Wood,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel here in Newcastle.

Thank you for your kind words of praise. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Merry Christmas from all the team at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

On first impression the room was clean, but inspection of the bed revealed serious faults. Yes indeed the sheets had been laundered, but sadly retained what were obviously semen stains- pretty yucky and should have been thrown away . The mattress was ripped and the bed base very dusty. A cheap, thin, synthetic, hair-encrusted, plastic-backed mattress protector ensured that little sleep would happen, particularly as air-conditioning wasn't satisfactory and a heavy synthetic duvet raised the temperature. Add to this the constant mega-loud traffic noise and I wasn't very happy in the morning. Dirty grouting in the bathroom and toothpaste stains in the basin completed the room's less-than clean picture.
This hotel is in a convenient central location and staff are lovely, but whoever spends the money here, needs to upgrade standards, employ more house-keeping staff who can do their jobs properly, remove ancient torn mattresses, thoroughly inspect ALL linens and replace stained items. I am not a fanatic, but when I stay in a hotel I need to ensure that my bed is clean - this is a fundamental requirement and everything else pales by comparison. Oh yes- breakfast was adequate. I definitely won't stay here again, but the staff are delightful!!

• Stayed: December 2013
Cal12, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Tessie1,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel here in Newcastle.

Its very to pleasing to hear the staff are lovely and delightful.

I am very sorry to hear you had some issues with the cleanliness of your bedroom during your stay and wondering if it would be possible for you to contact the hotel directly so we can rectify this problem.

On behalf of the team here at Newcastle we wish you a very Merry Christmas.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed here a number of times. It is centrally located and excellent if you are going to the Arena, just a short walk away. Located nearby also Chinatown. This is a holiday inn express, and anyone who travels knows what their breakfasts are, so I am amazed at some reviews expecting something more. Also hotel is immaculate and staff friendly. There is a secure car park next to hotel which is only £5. Obviously depending upon the evening you go, it is a party city. However the hotel do realise this and all you have to do is when booking request a quiet room, they do have quiet floors where they put us all together. Excellent hotel, lovely staff, immaculate.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, they will provide.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Amanda,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel at such a busy time of the year.

It always makes the staff and I very happy to hear we are lovely.We hope you will stay with us again when you visit our city.

On behalf of all the team here at Newcastle we wish you a very Merry Christmas.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I am writing this from my hotel room as I can't sleep, nothing to do with being in the city centre,I can handle that..but it is now 01.45 and I have been trying to sleep for 2 hours..there is a constant distant humming, sounds like someone is vacuuming! Or a dim drilling noise.. And it's been going on for ages...add that to this constant sound of what seems to be a very loud light switch being turned off and on repeatedly from the room next door...surely can't be it's been doing it for 3 hrs...

I drove up from north of London today to meet up with my son to drive him home from university tomorrow for the Xmas holidays. The hotel itself is decent, the room is clean, the bed is comfortable so no complaints on that score. Also great location, 5 mins walk to St James's and 10 to Eldon Square shopping..

Just wish I could get some sleep ahead of the long drive back tomorrow...:-(

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Cal12, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Sjc1965,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel here in Newcastle.

I am sorry to hear you did not have a great nights sleep when you stayed with us.Please could you get in touch with the hotel and let us know your room number so we can look into this problem.However we do have staff on duty 24 hours a day and i do wish you would have contacted us so we could of rectified this problem before your departure.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies and i hope this will not stop you from staying with us in the future.

Merry Christmas.