“Very pleasant would stay again”

Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The holiday inn was perfect for us arriving in Newcastle by coach. The hotel was 5 minutes walk away from both coach station and railway station and about 10 minutes from the start of the city centre shops. The room was clean and comfortable and we had a very nice sleep. Breakfast is self service which included a hot breakfast. My only gripe was no bacon but nevertheless there was sausages, beans and scrambled egg. On hand were toast, cereals, croissants and yogurts. I would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel for weekends away. I'm not sure for a week's stay as storage in our room was very minimal. All of the staff were welcoming throughout and most helpful which made our stay even more enjoyable. Thank you.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Cal12, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Redlands67

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel here in Newcastle. Thank you for your kind words of praise especially for your kind comments regarding the staff being welcoming throughout and most helpful it really means a lot. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future
Many thanks again
Lee Anderson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,215)

Reviewed 25 January 2014

The staff at the hotel were great, very friendly and helpful. I was with a large group for a hen party. We went out for a quite meal on the Friday and I did not sleep a wink that night as there was a stag party on the same corridor running up and down, banging on doors and shouting. Maybe not always good to assume that a hen party will want to listen to this (they seemed to group them on floors together) we were a mixture of ages and not there just to get bladdered and make a noise! Didn't seem so bad on the saturday but that could be alcohol talking. Free breakfast was adequate and what I expect from HI Express. I did book a twin room and somehow ended up with a double and a camp bed which was not the most comfortable. As an IHG club member I would have hoped my room request would have been fulfilled but never mind. Rooms are a bit grotty, stains on carpets and sofa bed but I suppose this is due to the clientelle! Can't fault the staff but please don't stay here if you like a quiet nights sleep!!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet rooms as the staff are great and if you ask they will try to place you away from par...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Cal12, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear A3005J

Thank you for your review and in the detail in writing us the good and the opportunities to improve.Whilst I am pleased with the good I truly value the opportunities to improve as this gives us the chance to look in to our ways of working and change.Thanks again for your kind review and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Kind regards

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Stayed here in early Jan 2014 for one night. The room was nice and large, and the ensuite was nice too. Very clean and tidy, and very modern as well. Staff were very friendly. Breakfast was good. Very good value. Ideal location as just a short walk from the train station.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sid B
Holidayinnexpressncl, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for reviewing your most recent stay with us. I'm delighted that you were happy with with all aspects of your stay and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the future.

Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

First time visit for work. I was given a disabled access room ; though I don't need one so it was a very big room. It was on the second floor and the window faced the main road. I would request to stay on a higher floor in future as the noise was a bit distracting.
Free wifi was included which was great for doing some work.
Staff at reception great. I forgot my toothbrush so was provided with a free one.
Biggest issue was the lack if hot water in the morning. It was a hotel wide issue. Staff were very apologetic and extra reward points were given for the inconvenience.
Local city parking is nearby and was pretty cheap.
Breakfast was okay. Sausages a but dry. A bit more hot food variety would have been nice.
All in all though good value for money and I would stay here again as it's a great central location.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Cal12, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear LizzieMo15

Many thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to post a review, it was great to read that you were able to take advanatage of our Free Wifi, breakfast and Forgotten items. We indeed have an issue with our Hot Water Supply during your stay what I am really please to see is that my colleagues delt with it swiftly and ensured you left happy. Luckily for everyone it was only off a short while as we were able to fix it very quickly. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you back at the hotel soon

Many thanks

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed here on business last night and would certainly recommend to anyone visiting Newcastle. Location is excellent just a few minutes walk right into the centre and it was easy to find by car with a large multi story car park next door ( free after 5pm till 8am the following morning ). We didn't set here so can't comment on the food but breakfast look nice as we had a quick look as we left.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Very good accommodation at the hotel and no complaints at all about breakfast! Plenty space for the four of us! A little noisy as we were overlooking the road not looking into courtyard but it is near the centre of Newcastle!! What I must say is, I was very very impressed by the really friendly and helpful staff. Thanks to them all. Would have no hesitation visiting again or recommending the hotel to others!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BrownOwlEdinburgh

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stay here regularly on business travel, staff are always accommodating and very, very helpful. The rooms are extremely clean and the size of room is suitable. Would definitely recommend any business travellers to stay here, close to the train station and metro and the breakfast is of a very good standard.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 5th floor are by the main road, but that doesn't bother me
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Bottys
Holidayinnexpressncl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2014