“Good city centre base for Newcastle visit.”

Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Excellent staff, clean, well equipped room with free wi-fi and breakfast included. Hotel is a 5 minute walk from the main train station and is in a safe, non-threatening location. Check out is 12 o'clock so no need to rush. Advance booking is recommended as savings are considerable over arriving on the day.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank PhilGB
Holidayinnexpressncl, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for reviewing your most recent stay with us. I'm delighted that you were happy with with all aspects of your stay and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the future.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Not the first time I have stayed here and always has the same good professional team to welcome you and deal with any issues or requests. Since my last stay they have upgraded the TVs and have free wifi throughout. With a free hot or cold breakfast included this is a great place for families, individuals or groups wanting to be in the centre of the great nightlife of town.

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Perfect hotel for business trip and a good rate. Location great for Metro, walking to the city, St James Pk etc. This isn't 4 or 5 start luxury but good standard hotel, better than the Premier Inn in the city (much quieter) and having breakfast included in the price useful. IHG cardholders get free wifi, but it is very slow but you can puchase wifi upgrade (I used my mobile broadband instead).

Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is a fairly new hotel and the standard of décor reflects this. The rooms are clean and well fitted out. The bed is very soft but that is personal. I do not like the soap containers screwed to the wall, I think this cheapens the place. Nice large shower and a good size desk if you need to work. Internet is free but very, very slow unless you pay a premium.

It is about 5 minutes walk from the station and very easy to find. It is about 10 minutes walk from St James so if you are going to the football and travelling by train it is ideal. Breakfast acceptable and a very nice bar area.Staff all helpful and polite.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Hotel is spacious, clean and bright (not to the point were it gives you a headache) I like the idea of having to use your room card to use the lift so you don't have unpaying guests wondering upstairs. I left a couple of cards in my room which one of the house keepers kindly handed into reception for me to pick up. Breakfast was a little confusing, I did want a full english but didn't know if I had to ask a member of staff or help my self so I just settled for a bowl of cornflakes and a glass of juice. The hotel is on a busy road but after about 9pm there wasn't much noise.

Room Tip: Akbars is about 100 yards from the entance and there is a premier shop just over the road from Akbar...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I stayed a couple of nights on the fifth floor. The service was friendly and check-in was quick. The quality of food at breakfast was a little low, and the choice was limited. On the plus side, the room was comfortable and there was a good choice of TV channels. But the room price was exceptional so on balance, not a bad stay at all.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Cal12, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Adrian,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel in Newcastle.

I am sorry to hear the quality of breakfast was below standard.

I will pass your comments on to the hotel managemnet team and hopefully we can look at ways of improving this.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Having arrived after drive from Scotland, I found the hotel, but no clue as to where the parking was so I stopped on the street to nip in and ask. The multi story next to the hotel has a VERY VERY narrow entrance (as you can tell with all the scrapes/paintwork on the walls. Upon entering the hotel, looks very spacious and pleasant, and the guys at the service desk were friendly and welcoming (love the Geordie accent!). The guy on the desk told us about there being alot of stag/hens in the hotel and gave us a room away from them so we could get a quiet nights sleep. The room was nice and modern, with a good sized TV, and an excellent toilet/shower. Upon going to bed, the traffic noise is very noticeable (even though it sits on the main road) and we just couldn't get to sleep with the noises coming from the "air circulating" unit which sounded like a fridge every 5 mins, only way louder. Couple that with the noise of water running every 2 minutes and the toilet "bubbling" every so often and you can see why this is the worst nights sleep, ever. The pillows were labelled as "firm" and "soft", soft being like sleeping on just the mattress and firm being a rock. Mix and match them and you still cant get a comfortable sleep, and a sore neck in the morning. Not even worth the free breakfast! Premier inn for me next time!

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows and earplugs!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Cal12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback and i apologise for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. We have looked into the issues regarding the a/c systen and the water and have rectified these problems. I do hope that you will give us another chance to show that we do provide a high standard of accommodation, please contact me personaly at the hotel.

Kind Regards