This is now the third time we spent the night here.So now it is time for me to write a review. Reception is light and clean with a bar attached to it. Via 2 elevators you go up to a max of 5 floors. Nice spacy corridors lead you to a surprisingly room with a double or twin bed. In room television and free Wi-Fi for the guests. Nice bathroom with a good solution to use one door for two "rooms", bathroom and toilet. Tea and coffee facilities in the room. Breakfast is served downstairs next to the reception, annex bar. The breakfast is not a breakfast one should expect from a Holiday Inn Express. Since our last visit it improved tremendously to an almost complete English breakfast.
Parking is the nearby parking garage, In the weekend, (fri-sun) for only 5 pounds. As it is done via a display of your ticket behind your window screen, one can go in and out as many time during this period. This is a place I can highly recommend!!.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in the heart of vibrant Newcastle at the Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre hotel. Located near Newcastle Central Station, our modern hotel is a short stroll from the city centre's cosmopolitan shops, bars and restaurants. Start your day right at our Express Start buffet breakfast which is always included and enjoy a choice of both hot and continental items. Ask Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre's friendly front desk staff for tips on sightseeing and getting around the city. Help yourself to tea and coffee during your business event in Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centres 2 air-conditioned meeting rooms. Getting to meetings around Newcastle is a breeze thanks to our proximity to the A1 and train and metro services from the station 300 metres away. Our convenient city-centre location, a short walk from historic St Nicholas Cathedral, makes us a good base for sightseeing. Stroll across the sweeping Gateshead Millennium Bridge for a night out in the Arts Quarter's hip bars and restaurants and head to the huge MetroCentre 3 miles away for hundreds more shopping and entertainment options. After a day's sightseeing, unwind over drinks in Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre's contemporary bar, open 24 hours, or catch up on email with our free Wi-Fi. Our helpful staff will be happy to order takeaway food for you to enjoy in the comfort of your modern guest room. Wi-Fi is free for guests who book directly with the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Holiday Inn Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Upon Tyne Holiday Inn