Me and my missus came to Newcastle to see Fall Out Boy in March this month. We were looking for a hotel in a nearby area which is also clise to the city centre. We looked here (on tripadvisor) and the reviews had us sold. When booking the hotel the price for this fantastic location and perfect for our needs cost us next to nothing!
The only problem is the parking, unfortunitly you have to pay for parking in the nearby multistorey carpark (if you can find a place) however it was reasonably priced. The hotel itself is clean, great staff and good facilities. The hotel room was clean, large and cleverly designed. Comfy bed, choice between soft and firm pillows, sofa bed (not that it was needed but still comfortable to sit on) television and hanging facilities.
I did have to contact them to change my booking but they were quick to reply and amend my booking waver.
Breakfast was also free... Not sure if it was just a one off but it definitly went down a storm after a few bevvies the night before
Thank you very much Holiday Inn, I have already recommended you and hope to be staying in another one in the near future :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in the heart of vibrant Newcastle at the Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre hotel. Located near Newcastle Central Station, our modern hotel is a short stroll from the city centre's cosmopolitan shops, bars and restaurants. Start your day right at our Express Start buffet breakfast which is always included and enjoy a choice of both hot and continental items. Ask Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre's friendly front desk staff for tips on sightseeing and getting around the city. Help yourself to tea and coffee during your business event in Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centres 2 air-conditioned meeting rooms. Getting to meetings around Newcastle is a breeze thanks to our proximity to the A1 and train and metro services from the station 300 metres away. Our convenient city-centre location, a short walk from historic St Nicholas Cathedral, makes us a good base for sightseeing. Stroll across the sweeping Gateshead Millennium Bridge for a night out in the Arts Quarter's hip bars and restaurants and head to the huge MetroCentre 3 miles away for hundreds more shopping and entertainment options. After a day's sightseeing, unwind over drinks in Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre's contemporary bar, open 24 hours, or catch up on email with our free Wi-Fi. Our helpful staff will be happy to order takeaway food for you to enjoy in the comfort of your modern guest room. Wi-Fi is free for guests who book directly with the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Lastminute, IHG, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HRS, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Holiday Inn Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Upon Tyne Holiday Inn