Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre
Jurys Inn Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$64
  • Restaurant
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$69
  • Pool
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$93
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$99
US$88
US$78
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$115
US$110
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
easyHotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$27
    Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
    US$89
    US$78
    Priceline
    US$91
    US$87
    Priceline
    1,259 results
    All reviewscity centrecar park next doortrain stationscrambled egg and beansfree breakfastmulti story car parksofa bedbusy roadbudget hotelsst james parkexcellent locationself servicereception staffstag and hen partiesmin walkstayed here for two nightsyogurt
    Reviewed 20 April 2014

Ideally located in the city centre. HIE standard rooms so you know what you are getting.
    All clean and comfortable. Staff helpful and friendly.
    Breakfast was plentiful and good quality.
    Booking in and out nice and quick. Multi-story Car Park next door.
    A bit rowdy from hen and stag nights but you must expect that in these cities.

Room Tip: All rooms are much the same in Holiday Inn Express
    • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
    Holidayinnexpressncl, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Steve,

Thanks for your kind review.

We hope you will choose our hotel next time you visit Newcastle.

Kind regards

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This was our first time staying in a Holiday Inn Express - and now will not be our last. We stay in all types of hotels and star ratings but mainly choose Hiltons. For us - this Holiday Inn Express was better than a Hilton hotel.

When we checked in, we were greeted with a warm welcome, quick service and a genuine man who seemed to really enjoy his job. Our request was catered for - we asked for a quiet room away from any groups/stags etc and it was dealt with. Our room was spotless and had everything we needed. I found the 'soft' and 'firm' pillow choices a lovely touch too. The man on reception was also helpful at providing us with maps and places to eat, drink etc and answering in detail when we told him what we were looking for and which buses to get on.
    The location is perfect for everything we needed - so central and we really enjoyed finding lots of different streets that always seemed to lead back to the hotel. The area at night was very quiet and we felt completely safe walking back to the hotel at midnight.

The free breakfast was great and really set us up for the day - sausages, eggs, pastries, cereal and unlimited cappuccinos and nice fruit juice. We enjoyed taking away a few items too in the brown bags provided. We also made use of the microwave which is provided and the pool table was an added bonus for the first night we stayed.

The hotel has a very relaxed feel and was everywhere was clean. I liked how we needed our room to key to access the lift and stairs upto rooms. This is the first time i have this in a hotel and it made me feel safe and secure.

We did feel that the older man on reception on our last day was not the friendliest or most welcoming - unlike the younger men on reception who were filled with smiles, hellos at all times.

The wifi everywhere is excellent - again something which adds to making this chain better than other 'higher' rating ones! It is such a nice touch to have wi-fi in the room at no extra cost.

The only downside was our room location. We asked for a quiet room and while we go this on the 5th floor, it was on the side facing the busy road unfortunately. It did take us a little longer to get to sleep but the hotel can't be at fault too much and it is one of those things! I am sure they are already aware of this.

Overall, we will definitely be picking this chain again and when we are back in Newcastle, this will be our go to hotel. The whole way through, i felt the staff and management really did care for its guests. All the services that were listed in the info packs in the rooms were great and made me see just how much the staff out into making this hotel a success. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your recent 5 star review about our hotel.

We are happy to read we are your new preffered hotel chain.We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm Regards
    Guest services

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my missus came to Newcastle to see Fall Out Boy in March this month. We were looking for a hotel in a nearby area which is also clise to the city centre. We looked here (on tripadvisor) and the reviews had us sold. When booking the hotel the price for this fantastic location and perfect for our needs cost us next to nothing!
    The only problem is the parking, unfortunitly you have to pay for parking in the nearby multistorey carpark (if you can find a place) however it was reasonably priced. The hotel itself is clean, great staff and good facilities. The hotel room was clean, large and cleverly designed. Comfy bed, choice between soft and firm pillows, sofa bed (not that it was needed but still comfortable to sit on) television and hanging facilities.
    I did have to contact them to change my booking but they were quick to reply and amend my booking waver.
    Breakfast was also free... Not sure if it was just a one off but it definitly went down a storm after a few bevvies the night before
    Thank you very much Holiday Inn, I have already recommended you and hope to be staying in another one in the near future :)

Excellent

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
    Holidayinnexpressncl, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for reviewing your most recent stay with us. I'm delighted that you were happy with with all aspects of your stay and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the future.
    Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a business trip for 1 night. Check in was not very friendly and one man doing the check ins and the bar at same time. After filling in my form with name and address and getting my key card he left my details on top of reception to go and serve someone.

Data protection ? I hesitated and went to take the form but left it. Wished I had but I complained later. The room was ok but the loo smelt of urine and on inspection was not clean at all! I did not look too closely obviously but not a pleasant odour. Coupled with the roadworks near by I found it hard to find the parking as well and reception centrally were no use in helping me .

Would not stay here again when I am back in the North East.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
    Cal12, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am very disappointed to read about your problems during your stay.

If you can please could you contact our hotel and give me some more details on your reservation.

We take cleanliness very seriously here at Holiday inn express and it is very sad to see we did no meet our promise this time.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my family including 2 children aged 7 and 2. From the moment we checked in the staff were so friendly, Michael and Kimberley were so friendly and efficient. They gave us colouring pens and a game for kids as we arrived early before room ready. Then throughout the stay another Michael was really friendly and efficient at breakfast as a waiter. Staff gave us suggestions for local restaurants, advice on museums around the area. Brilliant short break in newcastle! Staff should be praised for making the hotel stay part of a great couple of days.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your recent review.

Kimberly and Michael will be thrilled to see thier name on Tripadvisor.

We hope you will visit us again soon.

Kindest Regards