We stayed here earlier in the year and were disappointed with the breakfast. We had already prebooked for August so in order not to lose our payment we stayed here again on the late August Bank Holiday Sunday. The reception was welcoming and helpful. However, the room we were allocated reeked of cigarette smoke (even though the window had been left open and it is illegal to smoke in the room). We would have expected housekeeping to have ensured the room was fully free from such odours. We asked for an alternatuive room and our request was quickly met. But then the room we were allocated had no bath towels. So yet again we had to go to reception. The breakfast was an improvment on our earlier visit. There was both cut and whole fruit available (but cereals were not packaged and the awful unhealthy looking sausages were still on the menu). It is in a convenient location and the rooms are in a good condition but we would certainly not pay a high price for this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in the heart of vibrant Newcastle at the Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre hotel. Located near Newcastle Central Station, our modern hotel is a short stroll from the city centre's cosmopolitan shops, bars and restaurants. Start your day right at our Express Start buffet breakfast which is always included and enjoy a choice of both hot and continental items. Ask Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre's friendly front desk staff for tips on sightseeing and getting around the city. Help yourself to tea and coffee during your business event in Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centres 2 air-conditioned meeting rooms. Getting to meetings around Newcastle is a breeze thanks to our proximity to the A1 and train and metro services from the station 300 metres away. Our convenient city-centre location, a short walk from historic St Nicholas Cathedral, makes us a good base for sightseeing. Stroll across the sweeping Gateshead Millennium Bridge for a night out in the Arts Quarter's hip bars and restaurants and head to the huge MetroCentre 3 miles away for hundreds more shopping and entertainment options. After a day's sightseeing, unwind over drinks in Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre's contemporary bar, open 24 hours, or catch up on email with our free Wi-Fi. Our helpful staff will be happy to order takeaway food for you to enjoy in the comfort of your modern guest room. Wi-Fi is free for guests who book directly with the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Holiday Inn Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Upon Tyne Holiday Inn