“So much for Good Night's Sleep Guarantee :(” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Premier Inn Newcastle Gosforth/Cramlington Hotel

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Newcastle Gosforth/Cramlington Hotel
Carnoustie, United Kingdom
“So much for Good Night's Sleep Guarantee :(”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night during a recent stay to the area. We are regular customers of Premier Inn and were pleased to experience the usual good standards Premier Inn offer e.g. clean room, friendly staff. Unfortunately what let the hotel down was the room we were placed in. Room 111 which was directly outside a corridor door. Every time someone walked down the corridor we were disturbed by a loud bang as the door closed. This continued throughout the night and both my husband and I were wakened several times throughout the night. Upon our return home, I contacted Premier Inn's Customer Contact Centre regarding our experience but as yet (over a week later) I still await a response. Right now if this is how Premier Inn value their customer feedback I don't think I'll be hurrying back to one any time soon.

Room Tip: If you get a room directly next to a corridor door request a room change immediately or the likeliho...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Whitbread-77, Laura Gibbins-Social Media at Premier Inn Newcastle Gosforth/Cramlington Hotel, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel.

At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. It is a shame that your stay was tainted by actions of other guests, please be assured that the hotel staff will do all they can to prevent disturbances like this in the future.

I do apologise once again that you’re still waiting for a response. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by our Customer Services Team and the Management Team at this hotel, and we will be in contact with you as soon as we can.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

I stayed here about 2 years ago and it was very pleasant but nothing to prompt me to write a review. I've returned as it's convenient to where I'm visiting.
Check in was very efficient with a lovely chirpy lady. Rooms have been refurbished and it's really nice, and FINALLY Premier Inn have put a plug socket next to the bed so I can charge my phone next to the bed (I use it as an alarm to wake me up in the morning, I dont have to leap out of bed to turn it off now!)
Had dinner in the Beefeater restaurant next door and can honestly say it was one of the tastiest meals I've had in ages. The staff were very friendly and chatty.
Will definitely return and also recommend it to all I work with as it's handy when visiting our North East offices.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night on route to airport easy to find very friendly girl on desk. Room very comfortable and clean Enjoyed a good nights sleep best ever in a hotel very quiet even though the hotel was quite busy.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Mansfield Woodhouse, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

Visiting friends, so this was the first choice for our stay. Friendly, helpful staff. Warm, Clean, inviting, comfortable room....everything we have come to expect from Premier Inn. Will always choose this Hotel when we're in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

We were very pleased with our two night stay at the Newcastle Gosforth/Cramlington Premier Inn. This was the second visit we have made there and the hotel was again clean, quiet and provided two very restful nights' sleep for us all, even with our two small children in our family room. The staff were extremely welcoming and helpful and made our stay a very pleasant one. The faciliities and location, including the Beefeater restaurant next door, made it an easy place to stay. We will definitely be returning to the hotel again in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
W. Yorkshire, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Just one night here on a whistlestop tour of the area, and what a brilliant place. We had originally booked a Travelodge but after a bad experience with them overbooking our room I cancelled and booked the Premier Inn. What a good thing I did! We were greeted by a friendly and enthusiastic receptionist who explained everything and offered help if needed, and we had really lovely rooms. Everything was really clean and tidy and the beds were comfortable. My sons had a room with a double bed and a single sofa bed (ready made up, none of your piles of bedding dumped on the settee for you to make up!) and we had a double room. Huge flatscreen TVs, choice of pillows, shower gel and antibac hand gel in wall mounted holders, tea and coffee... it had such a lot of extras at a reasonable price.

The Beefeater next door was quite good for an evening meal, though they had run out of both ciders on the menu which my son asked for, and the vegi choice was limited. It was really handy for Newcastle and for the A1, although much quieter that you'd expect for this location, and we would definitely go again if visiting the area another time: for £29 a room it was great value.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

Stayed here two nights for business/pleasure. Ideally located for road network. Handy for Newcastle. Ample free parking. Friendly, helpful and knowledgeable reception staff. Very clean comfortable room. Usual Premier Inn standard which is why we always use them where possible on our travels. Beefeater restaurant and Moor Farm pub right next door. Lovely food, value for money and again friendly service. Quiet during the night, even though we were on the ground floor. Would recommend to anyone. Very enjoyable and great value.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business