“Comfortable”

Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The hotel was quiet. I had been a little worried that it might be too noisy, but I had no problems. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable.

The hotel was in a good location, very near restaurants. I preferred to eat breakfast in a cafe nearby since breakfast was a little over-priced in the hotel itself.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside

Reviewed 22 August 2014

we went to Newcastle for a mid week break and just chose a hotel near city centre. The hotel met our needs. Excellent value for money, very good breakfast. Close to public transport. Would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2014

A late booking meant that my usual hotel in Newcastle was full, and I had to book a stay in the Premier Inn at the Quayside. The hotel was booked on the location of being within walking distance to the town centre (reasonably long walk). Initial impressions of the outside of the building were mixed; it looked a grand building, but dated and tired. This was proved by just walking into reception. I was greeted by an dated looking reception, staffed by two very friendly receptionists. They managed to check me in quickly and I was off to my room.

Easy enough; third floor and follow the directions to my room. Once I managed to find my room after getting lost following the confusing signage, I noticed that my room was very dated and old. The room I stayed in was a corner room, so had two huge (opening a fraction) windows, with blackout curtains fitted, a desk, and quite a large wardrobe. The room was very big, with a big bed (the new Premier inn mattress no less!), and a sofa bed, but it could do with some major money being spent on it.
The room had two oil heaters placed around the room - A sign that a) the rooms get cold & b) the climate control or heater does not work. No problem as the weather was warm, so no need for heating, but in the colder times I can imagine the rooms being very cold. The bathroom was also old, with a dirty looking bath, a broken towel rail - not up to the normal Premier Inn Standards. It looks like Premier Inn bought out an old hotel, and have just made a small effort in bring it in line with the looks of their brand, and not completely refurbishing it to their latest standards.

The food in the restaurant was good, and by the looks of it the menu style has been recently updated with the meal deal offering more choice! What I ordered was cooked well and reasonably priced. But nothing that could make me want to go out of my way to eat here again (Although the view out of the window onto the Tyne Bridge was good) The staff were all very friendly and were willing to help if you had any problems.

Overall, I slept well, and had a good night's sleep - the idea of a Premier Inn - But just don't stay here if you plan to be using the hotel for more than just a bed in a good location.
Would I stay here again - No. In the future I will avoid this hotel until it has a major refurbishment completed, and stay at either another Premier Inn, or elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Max L
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Two adults and two kids , £39.00 for a huge , spotless room with a lovely view of the river.
Exceptionally friendly staff , lovely modern hotel , great breakfast.
Have stayed in a lot of hotels and this one is one of the friendliest and at a ridiculously low price , very very highly reccomended.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2014

even though we live not far from the city centre we decided to stay at the Premier Inn with friend to celebrate some birthdays. The hotel was excellent, the staff very friendly and we would certainly stay there again :) It was my partners birthday during our stay and the staff at the hotel left him a card which was a very thoughtful touch. The couple we were travelling with were disturbed during the night by their neighborus and the hotel honorued the good night sleep guarantee without question - which is very impressive considering this meant that they got their stay for free. Located next to some excellent bars and restaurants I would strongly recommend a stay here

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Clean, tidy, busy , but good location.
I've stayed here twice now,I can not complain.
I like booking over the internet which was also good. Car park, pre book as necessary .
Some rooms may be more noisy on the fri and sat.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The staff were so helpful, the rooms are very comfortable and clean. Had the best nights sleep.
Very good value for money, will consider booking a premier Inn first when going anywhere else in the future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple