Premier Inn Newcastle South Hotel
US$96
  • Pool
Euro Hostel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$35
  • Restaurant
The New Northumbria Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$90
Agoda.com
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$111
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$251
US$123
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Jesmond Dene House(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$124
US$120
Travelocity
US$99
US$90
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Caledonian Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$68
Hotels.com
US$87
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Newcastle Central(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$64
Travelodge
  • Room Service
All reviewsflaming grillmetro centreteam valleyattached restaurantadjoining pubgood nights sleepmin drivevery friendly helpful staffcar parkgreat north runclean roomssat navhandy locationcontinental breakfastnight's sleepcomfortable bedeasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Answer : when you cram a massive bed in a modest room and call it a Premier Inn.

I'm not being mean and I've stayed in Plenty of hotels of all standards but this is simply no better than a TL. The place is gloomy, smells vaguely of school dinners and the rooms are dull beyond redemption. Whilst I'm at it the lass on Reception duty was clearly no more enthusiastic than I. Bless her she tried though. Just.

READ THIS. We thought we were booking the PI that's 200m away and in all likelihood so will you. The other PI is shiny new and looks fabulous (credit where its due) and every inch ready to welcome LennyHenry. This one is about as far from that as you can get.

If youre paying £35 or so on a 'deal' then it's reasonably (not very) clean and worth a shot. Just don't expect the high life eh!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 25 October 2011

A very comfortable stay in a room that is of a very good standard. Excellent standards throughout with very helpfull staff.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2011

My mom and me decided to have a weekend in Newcastle. We met up at the Metro Centre first for lunch and catch up before going to the hotel. Both of us got lost going to the Inn. I had used Google Maps (I missed the turn off as I was looking for the B601 -Newcastle is not a great city for following road numbers, locations are better. You would think I would remember after 10 years of visiting!) and my mom used her Sat Nav (She ended up at the other Premier Inn that you can see from this one - this one is tucked away).
After that we had no problems. It is a nice lodge and it was clean. We used the bus to go into the city centre from the bus stop around the corner from the hotel.
I guess the only problem with the room was that the twirly plug got stuck and my mom hurt her thumb unblocking it. No real problem though!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
jjubb, Manager at Premier Inn Newcastle South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2011

Thankyou for your kind comments on the Premier Inn at Newcastle South. I am very sorry that you did not have better directions, and you did find it difficult to find us. I hope this did not spoil your weekend with us.
I was also sorry to here that you had a problem in your room, for future stays always ring to reception, with any issue nothing is too big or too samll a problem for us to rectify for you.
I hope to welcome you back to the Premier Inn Newcastle South in the not too distant future

Operations manager

Reviewed 8 September 2011

Well greeted and a friendly staff with knowledge of the local counties. We were made to feel important by the staff. The staff of the attached restaurant, where breakfast is served, were extremely good. The whole stay was very pleasant indeed. Can't fault anything.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

Thankyou for your kind words regarding the Premier Inn newcastle South & the adjoining pub The Waggon. Yours comments have been passed to the team and are extremely pleased you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the NewcastleSouth Premier Inn , in the not too distant future

Operations manager

Reviewed 29 August 2011

ask the staff where to go or do and they give you good suggestions. i was there for my stag weekend and they helped me and my party have a great time. they als have a great sense of humour

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
jjubb, Manager at Premier Inn Newcastle South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

Thanks for great comments. these will be shared with the team.
Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel
General manager