“Good stay”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Newcastle South Hotel
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Clean hotel with friendly staff and free parking. Less than 10 mins in taxi to Newcastle. Good value. Bar/restaurant on site which is handy, albeit did not use. Just off motorway, so easy to find. Good shower and spacious room. Free wifi or first 30 minutes.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Newcastle South Hotel

Reviewed 3 April 2013

We stayed for three nights over Easter weekend, upon arrival staff had hidden Easter eggs in our room for the kids to search for. The reception staff could not be more helpful, my kids were given Easter eggs every day of our stay by different reception staff. During our stay one of our children was taken ill with a vomiting virus, unfortunately she was sick on the sheets, floor, clothes etc. The cleaning staff immediately stripped all the beds and replaced the sheets, cleaned the floor and even washed and dried my daughters clothes. All this was done without any fuss, the staff in this hotel go above and beyond their job requirements, outstanding service A+++

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with this hotel, you get a lot for your money
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank colinm106
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We stayed here for one night on the way up to Scotland. The hotel is in a good location near to the A1 but no noise is heard from the road. We arrived late evening and found plenty of room in the car park.

We were warmly welcomed by the receptionist who smoothly checked us in. Our room was very spacious, it had a huge bed (2 singles together) and everything you would expect from a premier inn room - hair dryer, hot drink facilities etc.

I can't comment on the location to attractions in Newcastle or food as we continued our journey north and grabbed breakfast on the way.

Overall we had a comfy but short stay, well worth the £29 we paid.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Stayed here for 1 night for a business trip. No trouble finding it or parking, plenty of parking spaces. Location wise very good. Receptionist was friendly and welcoming.
I was on the 1st floor which I prefer as a female travelling alone. Only problem was no lift and at 5 months pregnant with a suitcase, laptop, work bag etc. I couldn't manage by myself. The receptionist however was great and he carried my bags up the stairs for me. I did have to manage by myself on the way down the next morning and whether ir not a lift is provided is certainly something I'll be looking at in future when looking at booking into premier inns.
Room was spacious, clean and tidy, as was bathroom. No problems with tv etc. Firm bed and pillows which is to my preference. Although my room was facing a road, I had a very good night's sleep, not woken at all and I only heard minimal traffic noice in the morning as I was getting ready so happy with the level of sound insulation in the room.
Only thing that frustrated me about the room was the toilet paper dispenser! It would only provide torn bits of paper and I ended up with shreds of paper all over the bathroom floor - definitely a design flaw with the dispenser that is quite wasteful and annoying.
Can't comment on the restaurant next door as I didn't eat there. I would say that the breakfast times here are different to a Premier Inn I stayed in recently in the Midlands so I'd be careful if you're a regular Premier Inn guest to just confirm breakfast times and not assume they're the same everywhere.
30 mins free wi-fi provided, any more and I think it was about £3.50.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank clementine8
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Spent one night at this Premier Inn on a family break to explore the museums of Newcastle over half term. Location was great, 5 minute drive into the city centre and 5 minute drive to Metro Centre. Family room worked really well for our family, two adults and two small children. The separate beds for the children helped us all get a good night sleep, and the room was a good size to fit in all the things that families need. Staff were friendly and helpful. We all really enjoyed the breakfast, good value for money as kids eat free. Room price was good as we got the 29 pound sale. Would recommend to other families.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2013

all you can expect from a premier inn type of hotel.
all staff friendly and helpfull
no problems and great location with good parking availability.
love the flaming grill restraunt / bar thing, highly recomend the 1kg challenge.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I usually stay in the Best Western Ryokan when in Newcastle and will head back there next time I'm in the area if the Premier Inn Newcastle South is my other option. First off trying to get parked in the hotel carpark is a pain as it shares the carpark with the onsite pub and on the day I arrived there'd been snow with no attempt to grit or clear it so it made for very slippery going.

I got checked in well and headed to room 15 on the ground floor which was ok although so much bleach had been used cleaning the bathroom it was irritating my eyes. The television was one of the older style mounted on a pole affairs and prone to interference at random moments.

The onsite pub / 'restaurant' was one of the worst of it's type I've ever eaten in. When travelling alone on business trying to bag a table number before going to queue at the bar to order and pay is nothing short of a pain in the proverbial. The food quality was at best poor with terrible presentation and very little in the way of flavour although at least I was sure the lettuce on my plate was dead (the brown colour gave it away). The service wasn't much better with plates unceremoniously dumped on the table by a waitress that looked overworked and underpaid running between tables with the budget offerings. One good side of the pub were the prices and probably why so many locals were eating there, it's dirt cheap. For a reason.

Back to the hotel and both nights I slept well, breakfast was a pain in the backside as I was told to sit down both mornings by an elderly looking waitress even though I'd told her I was having continental breakfast and one morning (when I dared to go and make myself a slice of toast) she decided to take away my partially drunk coffee because it was 'half empty'!!

To sum up if I'd have paid £29 per night I wouldn't have minded but at over double that room rate and no free wifi (not to mention the pub again) there's not a chance I'll be back!

Room Tip: Stay at Best Western Ryokan instead, cheaper, better food and free WIFI!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Newcastle South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide a high level of service in all establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. Please be assured that feedback is very important to us and we would like the opportunity to investigate further. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle upon Tyne
Beamish Park Hotel
Beamish Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Marley Hill
Travelodge Washington A1 M Northbound
Best Western Beamish Hall Country House Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Me...
#13 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Best Western Gibside Hotel
Best Western Gibside Hotel
#36 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Premier Inn Newcastle - Team Valley

Been to Premier Inn Newcastle South Hotel? Share your experiences!