“Good value for money!”

Euro Hostel Newcastle
Reviewed 19 March 2013

A group of us stayed the weekend of 15-18 March, we had two rooms on the third floor. The room itself was spacious and very clean.
The staff were very friendly, hardworking and helpful. It was sad to see that the staff had to deal with other guests who were noisy and disrepectful in the early hours, but it was nice to see that they dealt with these unruly guests in a professional and calm manner.
Overall, the hostel is good value for money.
I would stay here again and look forward to another stay in Newcastle!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Paul S, General Manager at Euro Hostel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Hello b7895439

Thank your for your comments and feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Euro Hostel Newcastle.

Thank you also for your understanding regarding the problems the team experienced with a very noisy and unruly group and I was glad to note you were pleased with their handling of a very difficult situation.

I was delighted to note that despite these issues, it did not deter from your party enjoying your stay.

I'd be delighted to hear more about your stay so if you have the time, my email address is pauls@newcastle.euro-hostels.co.uk.

Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I certainly won't be heading back to the euro hostel in a rush , totally screwed over by throwing us out without any warnings for being to noisy after the amount of money my group had spent there over the weekend I fully expected to be showed a bit more respect . There was no damage to the rooms , fair enough if they had warned us 2 or 3 times about noise but not even 1 warning I received from then and then when I asked them for evidence that it was my grouo the members of staff were very rude in the way which they dealt with my demands and when I filled in the feedback form the staff proceeded to rip it up and said we aren't going to he reading that crap

I'm certain that the only reason they thought we were making "noise" is due to the fact that we were due our bond back which equalled 600 quid and they certainly saw it as an easy 600 quid .

The rooms were quite dirty also , with alot of dust around and an empty pizza box left under one of the beds from I can only assume the previous visitors

The bunk beds in the room certainly didnt look to safe from the bottom bed as whenever the person on the top moved it looked as though they were going to fall through

On the plus side the pub which is connected to the hostel was the only positive thing about staying there with a nice pint and good but that isn't enough for me to go back there and waste my money , if rather pay and extra 20 quid for a more expensive hotel where they would probably treat their customers right with respect

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank BalooBear96
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Myself, friends and family stayed at this hostel for 3 nights for St. Patrick's weekend, there were seven of us altogether in two rooms. Prior to the stay, I contacted the hostel to request our rooms to be close together and that we could have a window - both of these were done for us with a speedy reply.
I was a little anxious about staying in a hostel to begin with but loved the atmosphere. When we entered our room we were pleasantly surprised as to how spacious and clean it was - could easily have passed as a hotel. The bathroom was clean and the shower was very powerful. The staff were on hand to offer any advice we needed and were extremely helpful.
The ware rooms bar attached to the hostel was a lovely place to socialise and grab a quick bite to eat. The hostel is very central and in short walking distance to Eldon square etc.

I would not hesistate to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank kk8787

Hello k55979

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay for Tripadvisor after your recent visit to Euro Hostel Newcastle.

I was delighted to read your comments on our facilities and that we seemed to have exceeded your expectations of hostel accommodation.

Thanks again for your comments and I do hope you will return to the area and come and see us again.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

The hostel was very very noisy. We were woken up each night with people coming back from a night out, running up and down the stairwell, banging doors, singing, playing music and shouting to each other. During our second night there were people up till after 4am!
In addition the wall partitions are so thin that you can hear the people in the next room using the toilet!
On the plus side the room was clean, the food in the bar was good, the kitchen was spotless and had everthing you needed to do your own cooking, and the hostel was very near the centre of Newcastle.
However we will not be staying again.

Room Tip: Don not use room 204 near the stairs!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 78oliver
Paul S, General Manager at Euro Hostel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Hello 78oliver

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Euro Hostel Newcastle during your recent stay with us.

I was concerned to note that the behaviour of some of our other guests had disturbed you, particularly during the night and early morning.

Unfortunately, despite our constant reminders, supervision and control measures, there are a minority of residents who do not respect the fact that there are other people staying who just want to sleep.

Please accept our apologies for the disruption experienced and we will endeavour to tighten up our night time security to minimise future disturbances.

Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

Unfortunately I fell into the trap of booking the cheapest place possible when visiting friends in Newcastle. The place was clean, limited facilities in room, extremeley loud and full of drunk students. If i was a student on a crazy weekend away i would of loved it. Its the perfect place for students to go and party, but an awful place for an old man looking to get some sleep.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Paul S, General Manager at Euro Hostel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Hello Charles C

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Euro Hostel Newcastle for Tripadvisor.

I was concerned to note that some aspects of your stay were affected by the behaviour and noise levels of other guests.

Whilst we make every effort to regulate noise levels within the Hostel, such as using external security services, we are still reliant upon our guests respecting the fact that there are other residents staying who do not appreciate being disturbed.

I apologise that, on this occasion, we were unable to extend our usual levels of control.

Thanks again for your feedback and I do hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2013 via mobile

Myself and two friends choose to stay here whilst having a few nights away in newcastle. We didnt expect much for such a good price but were pleasently surprised. When we checked in staff were extremely friendly and helpful, parking for 24 hours was reasonable and we were close proximity to Eldon Square for shopping aswell as the nightlife. Our room was spacious and very clean and the beds VERY comfy. Only downfall was the mirror as it was small and in an awkward place but thats more an issue of us three girls being vain!... The room was cleaned and replenished daily and the TV had freeveiw. The hostel was pretty quiet the first two nights but on the third night had lots of stag parties so we were a bit concerned about being kept up and men misbehaving but we had a no trouble at all and had been told that if we get any trouble our room is directly opposite the fire escape stairs which lead to the reception. The breakfast was toast with a selection of spreads or cereal and fresh juice and hot drinks but again was more then we expected for the price. I would definitely recommend the hostel and would stay here again.... :)

• Stayed: February 2013
Paul S, General Manager at Euro Hostel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2013

Hello Goldilocks010

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for Tripadvisor on your recent stay with Euro Hostel Newcastle.

I was delighted to note that you seemed to enjoy every aspect of your stay with us and we're very grateful indeed for your positive comments.

Guest feedback is very important to us as a business in the customer service sector and it was pleasing to note that the team here at Euro Hostel Newcastle seemed to exceed your expectations.

Thanks again for your comments and I do hope you will come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

You can't really go wrong for £16. I found this place when on a budget and was extremely impressed by the service hospitality and quality of the rooms. All are en suite, a nice touch, bar is good and free wifi welcomed. V comfy pillow and duvet and bed. Only downside is Room 104 has no vents and was like a sauna last night. I recommend paying £4 more for a 4 bed.

All in all can recommend and will defo return

Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Hello LaurentMc

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Euro Hostel Newcastle for Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read your positive comments and that we seemed to have met your expectations regarding our accommodation and facilities.

Thanks again for your comments and I hope you will come and see us again soon.