“Clean, convenient and comfortable”

Euro Hostel Newcastle
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I had never stayed in a hostel before but decided to try it when in Newcastle as a family for a uni open day. I was very pleasantly surprised - the place was clean, comfortable, right in the centre of town and miles cheaper than a hotel. We had a private en suite room and it was all we needed - bunk beds, shower room and breakfast in the mornings. I was told that it can get busy and noisy at popular times but for us it was ideal. I would definitely recommend if you are a hostel novice like me.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Paul S, General Manager at Euro Hostel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Hello Swarks

Many thanks for taking the time to provide Tripadvisor with a review on your recent stay with us at Euro Hostel Newcastle.

The team and I were delighted to read your comments and that you enjoy your stay with us.

Thanks again for taking the time to comment and we hope you will come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Visited with 5 of my freinds on saturday 17th for one night.Was very impressed with how modern and clean the hostel was! Staff very freindly and helpful.There was a mix up with booking with 3rd party company but was sorted out very well by Eislean! a very chearfull helpful person ! The hotel is in a very central location,the breakfast and bar a are spot on ! Would defo visit again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank glasgowstef

Hi glasgowstef

Thanks for your recent review on Euro Hostel Newcastle.

I was delighted to read your comments on the Hostel and the fact you seemed to have enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope you will come and see us again very soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

stayed for one night in a family room, cost less than 40 quid for a family of four including breakfasts. Beds were not made up, just gave us sheets. No phone or anything in the room as you'd expect from a hotel, very basic amenities but all was clean and for the price I certainly can't complain! Very well located for exploring the city, walking distance of all night life and st James park. Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Ben F
Paul S, General Manager at Euro Hostel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Hello Ben F

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us @Euro Hostel Newcastle.

The team and I were delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and found Euro Hostel to be great value for money.

We have made huge efforts to ensure that Euro Hostel can offer the cheapest rates for city centre accommodation in Newcastle.

Thanks once again for your review and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Newcastle very soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Great place to stay, central to most of the stuff we wanted to do? Ten minute walk from train station, clean rooms, good bathrooms and excellent staff! Would definetly recommend people to stay here. Also good wifi access that reaches all the rooms

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Hello Zoe M

Thanks for taking the time to review Euro Hostel Newcastle on your recent stay.

The team and I were delighted to read your review and note that you appeared to have enjoyed all aspects of your stay.

We have recently ensured that Wi-Fi access is free to all areas of Euro Hostel, as well as The Ware Rooms and don't believe this is a cost that should be passed onto our guests.

Thanks again for your comments and I hope you will come and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I stayed here with 7 other girls for a birthday night out in Newcastle. We were welcomed by a lovely receptionist and thought the reception was very clean and presentable. It has a bar attached where you can drink and get food at cheap prices. (Although the waiters were not very helpful and rude when our one of our friends food was 10 minutes later than everyone else) other than that the food was nice and at a ood price.

The rooms were great, we were all in bunk beds and they were really comfy! There was a shower and a toilet but only one mirror ..8 girls one mirror not good. But we lived. There were also cups in the rooms, its like they knew we'd need them for pre drinks.

In the morning, me and another girl went to breakfast in the morning and were surprised at the choice! toast, pastries, cereal, yogurt, tea, coffee, juice etc, considering i was expecting next to nothing it was surprisingly good.

This is a great hostel to stay in as its in a good location and good bonus' for a great price, would probably come here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Paul S, General Manager at Euro Hostel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Hello LRA_13

Many thanks for reviewing Euro Hostel Newcastle and The Ware Rooms for Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to note that, apart from one incident regarding service, you appeared to have enjoyed your time with us and would return to stay with us again.

I was delighted to read your comments on breakfast, as this is an area we have made huge efforts to improve in recent weeks.

Thanks again for your review and I sincerely hope you will come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 4 nights. On the first 3 weekday nights everything was ok. The room is ok, bathroom small, but ok. Breakfast is average, but for the price I paid it was ok.

On the last night (Friday) I paid 78 pounds for a room and I didn't get any sleep at all! I was really furious. There were groups of guys yelling all night on the corridor and playing basketball etc. The ladies from the reception came up twice, but it didn't help. They should have kicked them out from the hotel.

To make things much worse, two policemen broke into my room with a key asking if I know where some person is. They should have checked before where they are breaking into. I was checked in on my own, not with any group.

I have to say that I will never choose this hostel again. For the price I paid for the last night, I could have stayed in a 4 star hotel. I'm really furious and disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Hello KokicaMaribor

Thank you for taking the time to review Euro Hostel Newcastle on your recent stay.

Please accept our apologies over the disrupted night's sleep for your final evening with us. I was pleased to note however that the previous three nights had passed without issue.

The team always attempt to control the behaviour of our guests as much as possible though, as you can imagine, this is not always possible.

Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

We called two days in advance and got a family room for 5 pax. The hostel is centrally located, the rooms are plain but hey, considering the price they are OK. The beds could benefit from cover mattresses as sleeping directly on steel springs can be rough. Our room was facing the street and exposed to noise from the pub at ground floor. Further, an abandoned building nearby gave off an annoying alarm that kept us up much of the night. The hostel cannot seriously be blamed for this but I got the impression from the reception that this was a recurring issue.

All in all, we got what we paid for. 5 people, 2 nights downtown for slightly north of 100 quid is almost camping price. The hostel is clean and modern, the staff is friendly and the included breakfast is enough to get you going for the day. Fully satisfied.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Hello Dag B

Thank you for your feedback and review on the accommodation experience @Euro Hostel Newcastle.

I was pleased to note that, apart from a small issue regarding external alarms, you appeared to have enjoyed your time with us.

We make every attempt to control any noise disturbances throughout the hostel but we are limited when it comes to an external alarm.

Thanks again for your comments and I hope to see you again soon.