“Great and cheap hostel”

Euro Hostel Newcastle
Reviewed 17 February 2014

great hostel for its value. the location is bit far from the centre of newcastle but somehow we manage to walk around the city. The room clean and the heater work fine during our stay. the toilet bit small but it didnt bother us as we book the quad room. A bit frustrated with the service counter. They a bit rude. Well, overall if you minus the person in-charge during our stay i think its worth the money to stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Paul S, General Manager at Euro Hostel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Hello Nimerk

Thanks for your review on your recent stay with us at Euro Hostel Newcastle.

I was pleased to note that, on the whole, you enjoyed your time with us.

Thanks for your feedback on our location though I have to say we are very close to the city centre, literally two minutes walk.

I will of course investigate regarding your comments on the front desk representative on duty during your stay.

Thanks again for your feedback and I hope we will see you again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Euro Hostel Newcastle

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I've stayed here several times and have always had a good experience. Checking in is simple and the rooms are always spacious and clean. Great value for what you pay and I would come here again definitely!

1  Thank CPS111

Hello CPS111

Thank you for providing a review on Euro Hostel Newcastle after your most recent stay with us.

I was pleased to note that you have stayed with us on numerous occasions and intend to continuing staying with Euro Hostel.

Your comments and feedback are greatly appreciated by the team and I and we all hope to see you again in the near future.

Thanks again

Reviewed 13 February 2014

The hostel is in a great location. The room was comfortable although the heating was not working properly and the window was not closing properly. Could do with at least a couple more of electrical sockets. The shower was very powerful too, but there wasn't a shower curtain so one can imagine the mess in the bathroom! Overall, really good value for money!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Hello Rendell86

Many thanks for providing a review on your recent experience at Euro Hostel Newcastle.

I was pleased to note you enjoyed staying with Euro Hostel and found ours services to be value for money.

Thanks for your feedback on the electrical sockets and shower curtain and I will do my utmost to ensure corrective action is taken.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope you will come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Overall, for the terrible food, misleading services which you offer, rude member of staff who get defensive and terrible toilet paper I can only offer you 1+.

Managers said internet was not mandatory, but in that case please do not advertise that Euro Hostel offer free WI-FI when I could not get any connection all weekend. I told the manager and she got all defensive.

Also, toilet paper was like sand paper.

Room Tip: Do not book Bunkalow as there is no internet connection.
1  Thank ben j

Hello Ben J

Thanks for your comments regarding your stay with us at Euro Hostel Newcastle.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the standards of service experience during your stay.

We are experiencing connectivity issues with our Wi-Fi services at present and our currently considering alternative services that will improve this service.

I was surprised to note that you did not enjoy dining with us in The Ware Rooms, as feedback on both our products and our prices is normally very favourable.

May I also offer a reminder that there is always a Duty Manager on site, available 24 hours, to assist with any complaints or queries?

Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Just wanted to say a big massive thanks to all the lovely staff we all had a amazing time definitely be coming back again sometime soon we had a amazing weekend and all the staff were fantastic you made uz all feel very welcome thanks very much on behalf of all uz from Glasgow ♥♥

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Paul S, General Manager at Euro Hostel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Hi Stacey N

Thanks for supplying a review on your recent visit to Euro Hostel Newcastle.

I was delighted to see you and your friends had enjoyed yourselves during your time with Euro Hostel Newcastle and belated best wishes to your 'big cousin' from all the team.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to Newcastle, and Euro Hostel, in the near future.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here with a group of friends for a weekend

We arrived early upon check in we were warned we would be removed from hostel if we caused any trouble or hassle, we showed a blind eye to that comment but thought it was unjustified an paid up looking forward to our weekend

On the Friday evening the the bar was busy our group 12 Pax were approached by the manager and told to calm down or we will be removed, yes we were drinkin and being loud nothing that would turn heads or out of the ordinary, do you expect us to sit in silence having a drink?? It doesn't show any class when your bar staff agreed management were in the wrong either.

Upon check out then a receptionist start commenting on our own private conversations which was obviously not greeted well! He began to give smart remarks and mutter under his breathe when we were putting our baggage in the daily hold aswell! I thought this was Conpletly out of hand coming from a respectable hospitality background myself!!

The bar staff and the location are the only positives about Euro Hostel, I would recommend some staff training at front of house immediately!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stevedub90

Hello Stevedub90

Thanks for providing a review for Tripadvisor on your recent stay at Euro Hostel Newcastle.

Euro Hostel Newcastle play host to a number of groups during the weekend and owing to a combination of high spirits, excitement and levels of refreshments, these groups can get a little boisterous and loud.

As our facilities our open to the general public, as well as hostel guests, there are occasions when we have to remind some of our customers about the noise volume coming from their groups as it will disturb other drinkers. After all, we have to consider the comfort and enjoyment of ALL of our guests.

We are also obliged to encourage responsible drinking and control any behaviour, including noise, that may affect the enjoyment of others.

I'm sorry you felt that our Duty Manager spoiled the atmosphere of your night but it's part of their duties to react to complaints about noise.

Thanks for your feedback on our reception team. I will of course investigate your comments and take any appropriate action required to make improvements.

Thanks again

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Over all this hostel is clean inside, however, in the corridor i was in think it was the first floor, It smelled of cheesy feet! Although once inside the rooms were clean and tidy, could have done with a hoover but was still clean. Don't come here if u want to sleep, As you will not get any!

The staff at reception were friendly and helpful, You needed a card from reception to get into the lift same with the door up to the rooms and kitchen and laundry area, ONLY problem was the door was never locked during my stay so anyone could just walk in.

The staff in the bar were rude, We were told the bar closed at 6 and last orders were half 5. Then a girl came round to tell us that the bar shut in 15 mins that was at 17:45. Then we told her we were told it shut at half 5 she said yeah i mean u have 15 mins left to drink up, Didn't explain her self very well. Then went back behind the bar and spoke to the other member of staff about us (not very professional).

Overall i would say this hostel is clean, Great for groups hen/stag nights etc !!
And it was good value for money.

Hi Anne M

Thanks for your review on your recent stay with us at Euro Hostel Newcastle.

I genuinely appreciate all our feedback and on the whole, it would appear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thanks for letting me know about the service in the bar. Please accept my sincerest apologies as it certainly is not typical of our usual high standards. I believe the team were preparing for a private function and were under pressure to begin setting up.

This in no way excuses the standards you experienced and your comments have been filtered through to our F&B Manager.

Thanks again for your comments and I do hope you will come and see us again soon.