“In my opinion, the best venue in the North East”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jesmond Dene House

Jesmond Dene House
UK
“In my opinion, the best venue in the North East”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

This venue is my favourite place to eat, drink and stay in the North East. I've dined many times and even been lucky enough to stay over on a few occasions and the food is always superb and the accommodation never fails to please. Had an amazing Christmas party night last week with a group of friends and we had a wonderful festive evening in the amazing Great Hall of the hotel. Our night was topped off with an overnight stay in fantastic accommodation with THE most fab breakfast the next morning. Needless to say, we'll all be returning to enjoy this great hotel soon.

Room Tip: All rooms are individual and won't disappoint.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tyne&Wear

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2012

We stayed here on 21st Dec to attend a Christmas Party night with friends. The hotel itself is beautiful - cosy, welcoming and intimate. The food during both the party night and breakfast the following morning was delicious and beautifully presented. And finally our room - what can I say but that it was fab and it was just a shame that we didn't get to spend longer in it! I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed December 2012
East Anglia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

I stayed with my husband and daughter at Jesmond Dene House Hotel in November. A special treat for my daughter's birthday.
We chose the tasting menu together with tasting wines.... we were treated like royalty, and ate like kings.
All the members of staff were so friendly and helpful.
The atmosphere for such a large hotel was cosy and intimate. Our room (in the new block) was absolutely luxurious.
The breakfast, was absolutely the best I've ever had at a hotel - if you visit, I hope they have their own honeycomb on the menu, it is fabulous!
If you have deep pockets, or have saved for a very special treat, you'll not be disappointed at Jesmond Dene.

Room Tip: We actually stayed two nights, checking out - then checking back in again. We stayed on the top flo...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank GandTforMe
Totnes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

I grew up with Jesmond Dene and the parks as my childhood playground, it's not often I visit the 'Toon' these days therefor when I had the chance to spend a few days there recently I simply had to book this hotel which is just off the woodland paths of the amazing Dene.

Scott and his team go a long way to ensure that your stay is both trouble free and relaxing. I was gifted a suite for two nights and it was spacious and luxurious. Very warm, but with adjustable heating controls and windows which open. Good bathroom, with underfloor heating. Would have loved a bath (but reckon I was spoiled enough).

Service is typically Northern, warm, genuine and friendly (makes me proud to be a Geordie). Breakfast was good, really loved that they cooked fresh plum tomatoes and left the canned alone. It's a large enough breakfast to set anyone up for the day.

I dined in the restaurant on my first evening. Unobtrusive, yet attentive service, and delightful selection of fare. Truly enjoyed the scallops and the duck, and had no room for dessert. Wish I'd left room to try the cheese selection which appeared in a huge glass trolley and contained some real beauties.

Overall I highly recommend the venue, it's not far from the town centre (10 mins by taxi), but far enough away to make you feel you've been transported into the countryside. Great for walks, drinks by the fire and a bit of spoiling yourself.

Room Tip: Suites are comfy and spacious!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Quinonostante
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

We recently had our Civil Partnership celebrations here. A small affair we had the "Norman Shaw" private room. The service we recieved was equal to many of the Michelin starred restaurants we've eaten in- it really could not have been better and certainly the best service we've had in the North East; proffesional, attentive and discrete.
We'd asked for certain things to ber provided upon our arrival, nothing was too much trouble.
The food was equally good, and the wine really excellent.
We booked a junior suite that evening and discovered that we'd been given the diabled access suite- the room was fine however the bathroom was not the standard I'd expect from a suite (no bath) the manager, however, was very helpful and changed out room to one with a better bathroom as well as providing us with free champange, again excellent service.
Breakfast the next day was equally good. I'd certainly recommend this hotel to anyone and we'll be eating here a lot more from now on. Well done and thank you for a wonderful day.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank vicart80
Morpeth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

Stayed one night with friends and had a wonderful night with great food, wine and service.The room was comfortable and well presented. The meal we had in the restaurant was excellent; we ate from the fixed price menu at £28 a head and a bottle of wine for £24, pre dinner drinks ar £10, therefore with tip £50 a head, expensive but reasonable for a special night out. Our friends went a la carte and starters were £17 each and mains £26 a head and cheese £10, pudding £8.50.They agreed that the food was excellent but the portions were small and over expensive, they agreed that they would have been better on the fixed price menu.
Service was first class, at the table and in the bar/lounge where the waiter was knowledgeable and friendly.
The breakfast the next day, included in our overnight stay, was superb with a great choice including my favourite smokked salmon with scrambled eggs.

Will definately return albeit for another special occasion.t

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank davidmcl1964
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

This is our absolute favourite place to stay. After we had our wedding at the hotel earlier this year we have become very attached! The friendly atmosphere is welcoming yet always so professional. The standards are outstanding from the beautiful bedrooms to the fabulous restaurant to the attentive staff.
I have nothing but praise for this beautiful hotel and its fantastic staff. I would recommend it to anyone planning a celebration for 100, a quiet weekend for 2 and anything in between! A truly perfect venue

Room Tip: The suites in the new house are luxurious and spacious. Very peaceful.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple