Jesmond Dene House
Village Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$71
Hotels.com
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$104
US$101
  • Breakfast included
US$97
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$66
Novotel Newcastle Airport(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$69
  • Pool
US$95
US$89
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
The Vermont Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$158
US$132
  • Restaurant
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$252
US$143
Agoda.com
US$99
US$90
Priceline
  • Restaurant
easyHotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$48
Official Hotel Site
    1,233 results
    All reviewsafternoon teanoble suitegarden roomthe main housejunior suiteunderfloor heatingbeautiful hotelfresh milkwedding venuebirthday treatcity centresunday lunchwalk in showerfull englishfollowing morningcooked breakfastan overnight stay
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 26 April 2013

excellent one-off hotel with impeccable level of service from staff, comfort and attention to detail from reception, cleaning, bar staff and restaurant food and table service. no pool but close proximity to transport facilities and good walking in adjacent Jesmond Dene.

Room Tip: gor the extra mile and get a superior room
    • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 26 April 2013

I have just returned from the Jesmond Dene House and I cannot speak highly enough of it. I arrived after travelling from the airport which was about 15 minutes by taxi and the greeting I had from the staff was friendly and warm and they made me feel immediately at home.
    I really did not want to leave the place after that. The breakfast menu is excellent, both continental and English and the quality of the food was first class. Also not just run of the mill choices, there were a few surprises which is nice to see.
    The staff at this hotel must be the nicest I have come across. Nothing was too much trouble for anybody, from housekeeping to waiting staff. The standard of housekeeping are second to none with lots of attention to detail.
    Morning coffee with the most sublime home made biscuits was the icing on the cake.
    The food in the evening was delicious with a very popular restaurant within the hotel at very reasonable rates for the quality and service.
    The room was lovely and we could hear the flow of the river from outside our room which was really restful and relaxing.
    I happened to be visiting the Freeman hospital which is about a fifteen minute walk away and I think this is the closest hotel to the hospital.So my reason for visiting Newcastle was not the most pleasant but the Jesmond Dene House turned the experience into something very pleasant indeed.
    In fact I think I have fallen just a little bit in love with the place.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
    Reviewed 25 April 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a very enjoyable weekend break at Jesmond Dene House.

The hotel is a beautiful Arts and Crafts-style country house which oozes character and charm - from the cosy, wood-panelled bars with blazing fires and squishy sofas, to the light and airy garden room.

We had a small double room which overlooked the garden. The room was beautifully designed; luxurious and stylish, yet comfortable. The bathroom had a sleek, modern look and was almost as big as the bedroom, with a huge bath and underfloor heating.

Breakfast was very impressive. We both opted for Full English which was perfectly cooked and absolutely delicious - although a passing plate of Eggs Benedict looked so good that I wondered whether I should have had that instead! And then again the kippers looked good too...

We enjoyed absolutely everything about our trip but the thing that really stood out was the staff. Absolutely everyone we came across was genuinely friendly, cheerful and helpful.

I would definitely recommend Jesmond Dene House.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

My family dined at the restaurant 22nd April 2012 for a birthday celebration. The staff are very polite and friendly. The food is fantastic freshly cooked bread and chilled butter many varieties to choose from. We all chose from the house menu which is reasonably priced i had steak, veg and triple cooked chips it was delicious but if I am allowed to criticise at all I would change the chips to roast potatoes or mash as a tad greasy for me. We were given a very tasty complimentary wild garlic soup followed by the most artistic deserts you have ever witnessed I didn't want to spoil the design on my plate. The whole experience was relaxing and I would recommend everyone visits. Well done to all the staff. Oh forgot to mention free chocolates aswell!

• Stayed: April 2013
    Reviewed 24 April 2013

Try the Jesmond Dene Hotel. Beautifully appointed rooms. Excellent service. Probably the best Hotel in Newcastle On Tyne. Isobel helped me out on the booking, with the e-mails, and when we got there, I found her to be like family with her friendship. Would really love to go back again. Its a really old building with character, and the breakfasts we had there were wonderful. We have come home with wonderful memories, and would definitely recommend this little gem if you are looking for a place to stay in the north east midlands. We are from South Africa, so really appreciated seeing all this old beauty. In South Africa, everything is new, and if its a bit old it gets pulled down. The history in the UK is amazing. We have been to London a few times before, but this time my husband said lets go up to Scotland and see Edinburgh and St Andrews (where Kate and Wills met), we even drove past the little tea room they met in. We arrived from Heathrow, and hired a car, drove to Manchester for a few days then to the magic of Jesmond Dene for a few days, and then up through Edinburgh to St Andrews, where we stayed for a few days. We left the car at Edinburgh Airport, and flew back to London, and then stayed a week in London. The only problem we encountered with our set of plans, was that we flew business class from S.A. to Heathrow, therefore we were allowed 32kgs luggage, but flying back from Edinburgh to Heathrow, we were in economy (doesn't seem very easy to get a business class flight) and then it was 23 kgs, so we could not buy that much in Scotland. Then of course we went mad in London, and our bags weighed 31 and 32 kgs respectively, on our way home. Slept all the way. Thanks Jesmond Dene and Isobel, hope we make it back one day. Cindy Hodgkiss

Room Tip: The Junior suites are gorgeous, but they are not in the old part of the building, although when you are inside, that doesn't matter, they have heated towel rails, and are as warm as toast in winter. Large couches, with the curtains coming from high up the eaves of the roof, so lovely. Not much of a view though, but we didn't go there for the view. The room was lovely.
    • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple