1,307 results
All reviewsafternoon teanoble suitegarden roomthe main housejunior suiteunderfloor heatingbeautiful hotelwedding venuefresh milkcity centrebirthday treatwalk in showerfull englishsunday lunchfollowing morningbreakfast was excellentcooked breakfast
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Stayed here on a Saturday night. 3rd floor room with no view. Check in and out efficient. Room was nice but not special, same goes for bathroom.
Breakfast was OK but relatively expensive with staff not that attentive.
Did not like the 10% service charge added to bar bill.
Good location for visiting Jesmond.
Unlikely to return as stayed in better.

Room Tip: Get one with a view.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard42
Reviewed 13 November 2017

From June through to October my husband and I stayed here several times, sometimes through the week and sometimes at the weekend. The hotel has a great location which is easy to reach town and restaurants but hidden away in lovely quiet grounds. From the minute you walk into reception you can expect excellent service. Every member of staff from reception, bar staff, restaurant staff and cleaners were pleasant and helpful and tried to accommodate any request. We had probably 6-8 different rooms and every single one was lovely, very clean and had everything you needed to be more than comfortable. All the bathrooms were well equipped with plenty of space and very clean. We ate in the restaurant a few times and that too was excellent and you have to make room for breakfast which is equally as good. Seriously, if you want excellent service, excellent rooms and facilities and a warm welcome don't look any further book Jesmond Dene House.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

We spent a lovely weekend relaxing here. The rooms are well equipped and beds very comfortable. Complimentary tea, coffee, water and fresh milk are available. We didn't have a great view from the room but it was dark most of the time when we were in the room. There are some rooms overlooking the garden if a view is important. The staff are discreetly attentive and very friendly and helpful. We didn't eat here so can't comment on the food. My only complaint if you can call it that is that I forget my own shampoo and conditioner so I used the one provided in the en suite. It wasn't very nice and didn't seem like conditioner, so I'll make sure I take my own in future. This is a minor point in what was otherwise a very comfortable place to stay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

We have just visited here for our 9th wedding anniversary and were really pleased with almost every aspect of our visit. The appearance of the establishment is lovely and a hidden gem, set in beautiful grounds. The staff on arrival are very pleasant and helpful, the dining area is spacious and light. We had the afternoon tea, which comprised of (per person) two finger sandwiches, a small sausage roll, a miniature quiche, a small plain, cheese and currant scone with jam and clotted cream, a selection of four different deserts-all beautifully presented and a selection of teas/coffees, which you can have as many of as you like.
There is parking, but it's a squeeze.
Unfortunately I had to remove 1 star for several reasons..
1. Access is tight due to single lane access road.
2. Dirty table cloth...no biggie though.
3. They automatically ADD 10% gratuity to the bill, which should be left to the customers discretion NOT management's.
All in all a very pleasant experience.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2017

If you want a real treat and an authentic afternoon tea this is the place to go. More expensive than some but well worth it. A glass of fizz is a nice touch, try the nectar it was really lovely. Staff attentive and nice view out to the gardens. I will visit again.

Stayed: April 2017