“just a wonderful experience- disabled guest”
Review of Jesmond Dene House

Jesmond Dene House
Reviewed 26 June 2010

this hotel is simply a hidden jewel 5 mins from the busy city of newcastle upon tyne ( but you would never know it)the hotel is beautiful the staff are attentive and the food is just WONDERFUL and locally sourced !!!! We have stayed overnight as a treat and were so impressed by the food and service that we regularly take the whole family to eat - we have young grandchildren therefore afternoon tea or breakfast are the best for the family- 7 of us went for a treat for breakfast today and it was extremely special ( I worry in writing this that the best kept secret in the north east is out and we wont be able to get a table) I am a disabled person but there are no problems for anyone with disabilities at this fabulous hotel- its five star fabulouslness book up !!

• Stayed: June 2010

Reviewed 15 June 2010

We arrived early at the hotel, but as our room was ready we were given a brief tour and then taken up to our room by a friendly staff member. We were given room 6 which was a disabled access room but this was not a problem apart from the bathroom was quite difficult to use as everything was at the wrong height. The room was spotlessly clean and the complimentary fruit bowl and personal welcome letter were really nice touches. I was also impressed by the fact that the mineral water, biscuits and toiletries were locally sourced. As for in-room entertainment the hotel offers a dvd library which was well stocked and the tv even had the Comedy Central channel.
On this visit we were unable to visit the restaurant, but we did have room service for breakfast. I found it to be good value for money compared to other hotels. The banana loaf is delicious and nothing was missed off our order. We were even called in the morning to let us know that breakfast was on its way up to our room!
I will definitely visit this hotel again, but would choose a higher grade of room as I plan to spend all my time in the hotel. I have recommended this hotel to everyone I have spoken to. It really is wonderful!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Although we only stayed for one night, we were blown away with the standard of this hotel. Everything from the rooms to the level of service were second to none - we just wish we could've stayed for longer!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2010

As a sophisticated Londoner I travel and eat out frequently and was very impressed by Jesmond Dene House. The quality of the room and food were superb as expected in a hotel at this standard and price. Most impressive though were the staff --- who were all friendly, helpful, relaxed and professional and appeared happy to do anything to secure your comfort and pleasure.. In my experience it is only a really well managed business that has staff who so clearly enjoy their jobs

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2010

My wife and I have had quite a few meals here, which have always been first class (and we are long term devotees of Terry Laybourne's places); so when I was arranging a small celebration (for 14 of us), the hotel seemed a natural choice. We had a private room (the John Dobson room) which was ideal for 14 - we sat round an oval table which encouraged conversation.
Before the dinner, the staff were exceptionally helpful in sorting out the arrangements, and no detail was too small. So the evening went very smoothly. The manager and her staff were very helpful and friendly throughout, so we really felt looked after. The meal (we had a reduced a la carte menu) was completely up to standard; the kitchen was certainly on form. Wines: excellent.

We had booked rooms for all the guests too, and all rooms were very quiet, comfortable and well equipped. The history of the building and its location in Jesmond Dene are also worth exploring (try fitting in a trip to Cragside too!).

Summary: we have stayed at quite a few 5 star hotels & restaurants round the world, and this ranks alongside.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2010

My recent stay at Jesmond Dene House Hotel was just perfect. I booked the hotel for my 40th Birthday so not only booked accommodation for myself and friends but also booked The Great Hall for the party. The location of the venue was fantastic, the staff were welcoming and friendly and couldn't do enough to make my stay enjoyable. The standard of the rooms and the quality of the food were second to none - I can't wait to have another opportunity to go and stay. I highly recommend Jesmond Dene House Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2010

Great room. Loved the hotel - staff were really friendly and helpful. Checking in was the easiest I have ever experienced. Would certainly return - great location for walks and for Newcastle centre.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple