“A place for big kids as well” 4 of 5 bubbles

Seven Stories - The National Centre for Children's Books
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“A place for big kids as well”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Both young and old alike can benefit from a visit to this establishment. Free admission but controlled by an efficient (non stuffy) reception. A fantastic selection of literature for all ages. A very well stocked cafe with a nice selection of healthy foods.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Alan D

Newcastle, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

We visited Seven Stories with our five week old son, our friend and her two year old daugther on Monday. It was a brilliant experience. Lots of great interactive exhibitions for the two year old, a fabulous storytelling session, and very helpful and attentive staff. They even offered to do a baby storytelling session specially for our son. The two year old absolutely loved it, as did the adults, and we really look forward to taking our son back to enjoy it when he is a bit older. I think the entry price is good value considering how much there is to do - you could easily spend hours and hours there. The book shop is excellent too - all in all a fantastic way to spend an afternoon.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank highheaton
south shields
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Over priced for what is offered”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

I visited here towards the end of April and felt a little bit underwhelmed by what was offered. I visited with my husband and 2 year old son and felt for £7 per adult it wasn't great value for money.

The bottom (craft floor) was deserted with no activities at all laid out for the children. We walked into a conference event on another floor. There was a toy train track in another room with pieces missing and other than the story telling on the top floor it offered very little to engage me or my son.

I think perhaps the attraction either needs to address pricing, or offer more interactive activities for the youngsters to make it more of a fun day out.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank tinkerbell_hev
7stories, Public Relations Manager at Seven Stories - The National Centre for Children's Books, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Hi

I am sorry to read that you felt underwhelmed by your experience. I have passed on your comments to our Senior Management Team who would like to contact you directly. Please email lauren.regan@sevenstories.org.uk with your contact details and we will be in touch very soon.

Best Wishes
Lauren
Lincolnshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing and over priced!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We visited seven stories during our holiday from Lincolnshire and I have to say it was the biggest waste of £19 I have spent in a while! My 4 year old daughter loves books so we thought she would enjoy the experience that seven stories promised, in reality the only member of staff that spoke/ interacted with us was the lady who swiped the credit card! The lower floor offered one boring colouring in picture of elmer the elephant and a box which had to be cut and glued(pathetic) 2 members of staff came into the room and never even acknowlaged us! The other levels were as disappointing no story telling was on as promised,just empty rooms with some pictures,nothing which engaged my daughter. I realise we visited on a quiet day but should the lack of activities not be reflected in the price? I left seven stories feeling upset and completely ripped off!!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Rosie S
7stories, Public Relations Manager at Seven Stories - The National Centre for Children's Books, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Hi Rosie,

I am sorry to read that you found your visit to Seven Stories disappointing. I have passed on your comments to our Senior Management Team who would like to contact you directly. Please email lauren.regan@sevenstories.org.uk with your contact details and we will be in touch very soon.

Best Wishes
Lauren
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fun day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Me and my partner took our four and two year old sons to Seven Stories during the first week of the Easter holidays. Safe to say it was a hit with them both, with familiar storybook characters all around, a great show on on the top floor, plenty of interactive parts- with children able to dress up as characters from their favourite stories and books galore. There was plenty of informative parts too, for older children and parents. It's a shame that Seven Stories isn't better advertised as lots of our friends have never heard of it, and we had no idea where it was and had to use sat nav to find our way. Staff are all very friendly and good with the children. We also did arts and crafts making spoon people and more. Will definitely return.

Visited April 2014

Travellers who viewed Seven Stories - The National Centre for Children's Books also viewed

Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear

Been to Seven Stories - The National Centre for Children's Books? Share your experiences!