“Fantastic”
Review of New City Library

New City Library
Reviewed 10 January 2013

outstanding service, in this era of library closures it really reminds you of their value. I had trawled the internet in search of the information I was after over the course of several years with no success, I finally managed to make the trip to Newcastle, within 10 minutes of entering and asking a member of staff they went into their archives and gave me exactly what I had been looking for. Exceptional service, and as an architect I can say it is a very thoughtfully designed building with much merit, everything a modern library should be.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

Our new city library is super, on the site of the old one it looks totally different. Our old one was looking a bit tired but the new one is fresh & easy to get around, it houses a nice cafe selling cakes, coffee & teas with pleasant friendly staff & the books are arranged really well.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Great selection of books, CDs and DVDs as you would expect from this new library. The staff are really helpful and will guide you to whatever you need. They will also explain the high tech scanning system for taking items out.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

Another good place in Newcastle to stop for very reasonable refreshments. Library well set out and easy to find your way round.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

I went for lunch with a friend as she had heard good things about it.
I mistook some grated cheese for scrambled egg (my favourite!) so was going to go for a jacket potato with cheese until the lovely lady serving asked if I would like her to make me scrambled eggs and what kind of toast would I prefer? That would have been enough for me to say this place has great service but she went on to ask if she could fetch my drink of choice which had just been delivered but hadn't yet made it to their display. And THEN to offer me a glass with ice! Seriously, this lady and to be fair all of the others were so friendly and smiley it made this such a lovely experience. Go see for yourself and yes, the eggs were fab!