“Beautiful theatre”

US$35.26*
and up
Cultural Walking Tour of Newcastle
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I have to say for all I live in newcastle I have only been to this beautiful theatre twice, why I don't know because it's stunning. We went to see buddy holly story it's was brilliant the staff very friendly and helpful. The only down side is the price of the drinks at the bar

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I love visiting the theatre, all the staff are knowledgable and approachable who ensure you are enjoying yourself. The theatre is aesthetically pleasing, even if you don't see a show it's worth visiting just to appreciate the architecture. I've seen a couple shows here and I have never been disappointed. There is a restaurant/bar attached to the theatre which is a good place to stop for a drink before. There are 2 bars in the theatre where you can order a half time drink and snacks available, as well as the traditional theatre ice cream. If you love the theatre and there is something on while you're around that you want to see then why not?! Go for it, I've always had fantastic nights at the theatre.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Visited the Theatre Royal for the first time in July to see Cats. I cant wait to return. This is a lovely traditional theatre experience. The show was fantastic so this is an obvious plus for the venue! Situated in the very heart of Newcastle this theatre is easily reached by road or rail, car parking after 5 was free at the muti story down the road. On a previous visit to Newcastle we stayed on the Quayside at Gateshead, quite reasonably priced stays! If there is a show that you fancy do not hesitate- book now and have a wonderful night out. Not seen Cats yet? If you get a chance to do not miss it. It's a FANTASTIC show.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Going to the theatre is over-priced. No doubt this is a bit of a naff comment but these days I'd rather see a live cinema version of a Shakespeare play than watch one at the Theatre Royal. Much better value for money and the before, after and interval interviews are great. Recently it's not been possible to pay for drinks using a debit card because the bar machine 'hasn't been working'. That may be a small thing but in this day and age I find that a bit off. Recently we ordered pre-play drinks and drinks for the interval, costing £30 and were told we had to pay cash. So now we take a hip flask instead.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was the third time we had seen this excellent show and it has not lost any of it's sparkle. Superb cast, great songs and to experience this within the wonderful Theatre Royal just added to the ultimate pleasure evening!