“All round, FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Shawarma Fattoush

Shawarma Fattoush
Ranked #255 of 1,251 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“All round, FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Been meaning to come to this place every time I visit Newcastle. Went today and I'm regretting to not have gone earlier. Clean environment, attentive and very helpful staffs and fantastic food. Very good portions and good value. I now have a place to eat every time I visit Newcastle. Keep up the good work guys and see you soon!

1 Thank uj7ol

“So satisfying”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We seem to have accidentally been here three times in the last three on ths which tells you something - it's ace. Don't go if you want a plush, lingering meal but if you want incredibly satisfying food at a great price this is for you. I've yet to sample any meat, although the plates being delivered to fellow diners look and smell fab, because the veggie dishes are so delicious I can't tear myself away. Over the three visits we've had we've sampled the falafel, labneh, veggie moussaka, sheeps cheese in pastry, tabbouleh, fried aubergine, hummus beiruty, foul medames and various others that I can't remember. The common theme though is that I have yet to find anything less than delicious. The bonus is the very generous portion on warm, puffy flatbreads (3 between 2) plus two different chilli sauces and a garlic dip that come free every time you visit. Oh, and they give you complimentary mint tea too! The staff are friendly, the prices are good and I always leave very satisfied. We will continue he to visit very regularly as long asthe quality stays as high as it is now :-)

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Cooking_with_Capers
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Consistently delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I go to Fattoush quite regularly (once a month) for lunch due to it being close for work and I'm never disappointed. On this occasion I went with two friends from Ireland who have never tried Lebanese food before.

As on previous visits we were welcomed by friendly and efficient staff and shown to our table. The menu is extensive and, perhaps unsurprisingly, is based around marinated meats cooked on spits in the open kitchen. We all had lamb shawarma.

When the food arrived it was, as always, very good. The lamb was tender and tasty and the portions very large (I doubt anyone needs to eat again for a while after a visit here).

I always recommend this place very highly. The food is delicious, reasonably priced and the relaxed and clean setting is ideal for meeting friends for lunch.

Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank DanTheIrishMan
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Even though the quality of the food is not necessary very bad, however the customer service is beyond bad, waitresses don't speak English, chef does not even bother to cover his hair. Nothing is worse than food that's been "decorated" with his hair! Small portions yet over charged.

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank Thy D
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Just need the sun an sand an I was transported to my holiday destinations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Ate here many times now tried most of the starters n sum mains me n my partner trying to work through the menu I think but his fav there moussaka spelt completely different on there menu it makes me laugh but the taste is fab. Salads fresh n delicious chicken can be a little bland n tad dry at times but on the whole lovely food well presented service great n always friendly prices good too so what more can you ask are want well maybe just the sun sand n sea lol. I eat here once a week an haven't found any where that beats it yet even take visiting family members there an they are pleased with there visit they always want to go again so great place to eat as families r just with friends id even eat there alone so comfortable so please try.

• Visited July 2014