“Lovely burgers”

Ranked #158 of 1,332 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed selection of draught ales & ciders.Ordered burger & chips it was yummy! Had dessert later & cocktails!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Spent some time over Bank Holiday Sunday here and enjoyed quite a few beers! There is such a variety of beers here and the staff know alot about their stuff!
We shared a pizz (shin beef), fat chips and cauliflower and artichoke frittas and that was enough food for two hungrey people! Will be back!

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We went along to hear Smoove and Turrell and were delighted to find a bar with excellent food. The prices were brilliant and we had a fabulous three hours. Top of list for a great place to eat drink and watch the world.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

This was our 1st visit to dAr bAr and we were relatively impressed. I will cover the positives 1st, for a Saturday night at the tea time we were expecting the bar to be busy, and it was but we managed to find a choice of tables towards the back of the venue with relative ease. We decided to go for the sliders after reading some not so favourable reviews for the burgers and I am so pleased we did. We had both the pulled pork and meatball sliders and both were equally delicious. Service was quick and friendly and the atmosphere was vibrant. That brings me on to the only negative for the venue, and that was the noise, I don't know if there was an event on but the music for half past five was so loud we couldn't hold a conversation which was a shame as I could have quite happily stayed there for most of the evening.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Nice looking bar, has the potential to be really good but the food seriously let the place down. I got a pizza and it LOOKED good, but it had zero flavour. It was really, really bland. You can get a much nicer pizza at most cheapy Italian type places. My boyfriend had steak and chips and was also underwhelmed. I was hoping for good things but I was seriously let down. I wouldn't bother eating there again but I would go in for a drink.