“Breakfast”

Ranked #509 of 1,292 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Decided to try this place out as I live close. Had the buffet breakfast and it was good and bad. The bread was on the turn so opted against but the eggs and bacon were fine. Sausages were a bit greasy for my liking but nay be personal preference. Either way for 4quid you can't go wrong!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I was very impressed myself partner and 2 year old visited the waitress Natly was great very helpful and very impressive, nothing too much trouble.. definitely recommend..

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Visited again on Tuesday 10th and tried out the breakfast this time. It was so much better than expected from reading the reviews. The waitress was lovely and explained how the breakfast worked and what to do as well as having nice conversation while we were paying. The breakfast was great, no food ran out as mentioned on previous reviews, maybe because it was quiet when we visited? The bacon could of been a bit crispier but was still nice. Overall I would visit again. Keep up the good work Toby Carvery.

1  Thank TilMarshall
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We went for Sunday lunch and waited 40 minutes for a table (we were advised of this), decided to wait as fancied a carvery. We got our table and waitress served our drinks, queued for food and was given the tiniest bits of beef and turkey I have ever seen, veg was hot and plenty of it. Overall it was tasteless and extremely over priced at £9.95! My advice would be to avoid at all costs and go for lunch somewhere else.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Called in here last Thursday morning, 5th June for a cooked breakfast found this Toby by accident as was staying at a premier inn close by. We arrived early about 8.30am it was very quiet in fact we actually thought it was closed at first glance. Had a full cooked breakfast for £3.99 great value for money & no complaints! Only negative thing I could say is the toaster machine was very slow! Hence why I didn't give 5 star rating, a special mention to the waitress who was extremely pleasant & very helpful (whose name I didn't get) in fact everything was so clean spic & span that I asked her how long they had been open as everything looked so new & she told me nov 2013. I wouldn't hesitate to back when in the north east again.