“Special Trip !!!!!”

City Apartments Newcastle - Quayside
Reviewed 27 April 2009

What a place ! This really is a top notch set up. The apartments are really nice, I dont know Newcastle at all so booked it off the back of Expedia and Tripadvisor. It cost £95 between 4 of us which was the initial draw ! The receptionist was lovely, the apartment huge and had a balcony over looing the tyne bridge,it has secure parking, just a 10/15 minute walk to the heart of the quayside plus there's a couple of bars on the way. We were in town to see The Specials which was a brilliant night and this accomodation was the icing on the cake. I have previously paid the same amount of money to stay in some right dives and then had to pay for parking on top. I dont know how anyone could give it negative comments.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Vennyboy

Reviewed 9 April 2009

Booked this place as a stop off heading back from york .What a place large 2 bedroom appartment with balcony looking onto the tyne top furnishings Words could not big this place up enough what a gem of a find .You will love it ,try get a appartment with view of river and a good rate...

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2009

I have just returned from a 3 day break in Newcastle and had the most amazing time. When looking for somewhere to stay all the Hotels were fairly pricey and I chanced across citybase apartments website. They sent me my own webpage with 3 different apartment choices and I chose the quayside apartment.

The apartment was fairly easy to find even though myself and my friend are both directionally challenged!! We checked in at 1.30 even though check in wasn't until 2pm and were amazed at the apartment - it was modern, spacious, well equipped and clean. We had two double bedrooms one with ensuite. The view from our apartment was brilliant looking over to the sage, baltic and millenium bridge. There is a pub just outside, I had read a review on here which said that the pub looked a bit dodgy and at first glance it did but we bit the bullet on the first night and went for a drink and went back every other night as it has to be the friendliest pub I have ever been in. A stag party checked in on the 2nd day we were there and we didn't hear a thing from them other than bumping into them in the pub over the road!

Overall the 3 days were the best holiday I have had in a while and the apartments made the stay even more fantastic. I would recommend them to anyone. The staff were friendly, especially the night porter who recommended plenty of places for us to go. We ate in the Eye on the Tyne on his recommendation and it was superb!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2008

I had booked this room in May as my friend and I were going to see a concert at the Arena and fancied a night out afterwards. Saturday morning (we were due to stay Sat night) I received a phone call at around 10am saying the apartment had been smashed up the night before and we couldnt stay there. (and as we didnt live so far away we were the ones they couldnt put up in another apartment). Oh but they offered to book us into a room at the airport which would have resulted in a fortune in taxi fares.
When i would not accept this i was asked how much I was willing to pay for a hotel room - my answer "exactly what I paid for the apartment !" (as the money had already been taken out of my account!)
I eventually got the receptionist to book me into a hotel round the corner - unfortunately this resulted in extra parkng costs but at least it was not at the airport!
I would never book here again - it caused me a lot of hassle - imagine being told 3 hours before you set off you have no where to stay! So....stay at the Premier Inn where we stayed eventually. Would recommend that place to everyone!!!!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 October 2008

Myself and 7 friends stayed at the City Apartments for my hen weekend - the apartments are clean, modern, well kitted out! We had the Penthouse and a 2 bed apartment and both were great! We all loved it, so much better than a hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful and its v close to the centre.... We will be planning a reunion there next year!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2008

I've stayed before with a group of girls. But my partner and I stayed here for a weekend in January this year. This was his first time & couldn't believe how smart and clean they were. We actually booked a 1 bed apt but because of the time of year they upgraded us for free to a 2 bed, which was a nice touch. It's excellent value for money & why pay for a pokey wee room when you can get your own whole apt - We wouldnt book anywhere else now!!

• Stayed: January 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 27 June 2008

There is ample parking at the site, the apartment we stayed in (double room) was very modern with 2 flat screen TVs (one in the living room, one in the bedroom), ample space, all the facilities you could want or need in an apartment. It's about a 15-20 minute walk along the Quayside into the heart of the town and a very pleasant walk it is too.

The staff were really friendly too. Excellent place.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)