“Much poorer than expected”

Harry's Bar & Grill
Ranked #144 of 1,302 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Ate here as part of Newcastle restaurant week offer - 2 courses for £10, 3 for £15. We had wondered what Harry's would be like for a while and thought it was a great opportunity to try. Initial impressions were good and the general surroundings were very pleasant. Whilst the cauliflower soup was a very good start, the citrus noodles with the seared mackerel were salty to the point of being indelible - a point which we did draw the waitresses attention to, without response. We were served as if we were on a conveyor belt, with three different people serving us and no real attention given, and the portion sizes were small. The meal was a disappointment even at £20 for two; it certainly wouldn't encourage me to go back.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The food and staff were excellent on Wednesday 9th July for my son's birhtday, the food was great and the ambience of the whole place is great.
Thanks for looking after us.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Harry's, Grey Street, Newcastle.
What a fabulous place to dine! It's a Wine Bar, come Night Cub, come restaurant. The food is terrific; the liver and mustard mash is pure food heaven.
The menu has a wide range of courses to suit everyone.
The atmosphere was wonderful and the staff are all so friendly. I have never been in a restaurant so welcoming.
I look forward to my return to Harry's.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Went for Sunday lunch today with two kids. Great atmosphere, very busy. Staff were all excellent and very friendly especially to the kids.

Kids both had fish and chips from the kids menu, both portions were huge and would have sufficed for an adult. The beef was carved at the table and was beautiful. The lamb was to die for !!

Can't wait to return, never disappoints !!!

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Amazing restaurant, a must visit in Newcastle. Quality service with friendly fun staff. The highest standard of food I have tasted in England. Beautiful decor with a fab menu. There is so many great choices on the menu. I am determined to eat everything on there. Cocktails were yummy too. I left very jolly with an amazing overall experience.