Grainger Hotel
US$79
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$63
  • Restaurant
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$69
  • Pool
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$102
US$79
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$114
US$109
Agoda.com
US$88
US$72
Sandman Newcastle
  • Restaurant
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$92
Staybridge.com
  • Breakfast included
US$86
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$61
Priceline
easyHotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$33
    See what travellers are saying:
    Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed in a single room, Clean Bed, Good TV and Walk in Power Shower (room 104). Room was clean and tidy Perfect if all you want is a bed for the night!! Secure parking at rear of hotel. Perfect for groups and people going for a night out.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
    Reviewed 31 July 2013

Turned up to the hotel and was paying by card, the receptionist told me there was a £2 charge for this. This was not advertised when booking the room. The receptionist said he knew this but thats the hotel policy. So finally gets in my room (room 2) to find the most disgusting of bathrooms which clearly had not been cleaned as it still had shower gel and soap from a previous guest. The bed was like a water bed minus the water. So I tries to go to sleep and for about an hour (23:00-00:00) there is laughing and giggling right outside my room door. In the end I went out expecting to find guests messing around. It was 3 members of staff so I asked them to shut up. Now instead of being apologetic about it they started accusing me of being racist!!!!! I asked their names and they wouldn't give me them. I asked for a refund as I was leaving the hotel. They don't do refunds either. I asked for the owners name. They didn't know the owners name either.

I am urging people DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES STAY IN THIS "HOTEL".

Room Tip: The only good room I tel, you about doesn't belong in this rancid place.
    • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
    1  Thank ChrisFitz82
    Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed as a group of girl friends for a weekend of sampling the Newcastle nightlife.

The hotel was pretty bleak, our rooms were really small and so warm and stuffy. Windows only opened a crack so didn't do much to make it feel any less claustraphobic. The shower and tv were probably the newest things in the rooms, both were fine. Again tiny bathrooms though and no locks on the doors. Also no cupboards whatsoever, so what little floor space we had was taken up by bags and shoes. (maybe our problem for bringing so many shoes!) We tried the breakfast the first morning and decided it wasn't worth getting up for again, only a big vat of UHT milk for cereal/tea and the orange juice was a bit fizzy. Not a major issue though as there is a cafe attached to another hotel directly across the street which does a mean fry up + tea for less than a fiver.

I'm not the fussiest of people when it comes to staying places, I've stayed in a few dives and hostels before and been quite content. But I feel the most important thing is that you feel safe and I should mention that on several occasions (almost every taxi driver we had over the weekend) we were warned not to go out alone in the surrounding streets and not to leave anything of value in the rooms- apparently this hotel is notorious for your things going missing. Just purely the number of times we were warned about this kind of stuff was enough to make me feel a bit uneasy.
    Nothing went missing from our rooms, but then again we never left before the cleaners came round. Guess our hangovers were something to be thankful for in a way!

Not the best hotel to choose but we took the state of the place lightheartedly, and nonetheless enjoyed a brilliant few days of shopping and clubbing! I kept an eye out for better looking places while I was there and think for my next visit ill be trying the sleeperz hotel, or the premier inn.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 3 July 2013

The remote control didn't work for the TV, then the Wi Fi which later did. The beds the poorest quality. I could hear someone talking in the next room till nearly 3am. The toilet door had no lock. We asked for rooms away from the main road but got one on the main road despite 15 other rooms being free.
    The heater at the window can't be controlled but is a storage heater controlled at reception.
    The shower looked like the white had been scraped away to grey. No shelves in the toilet/ shower room to put things on. No plug for the sink.
    They had a kettle and coffee and tea which was nice, and cups that wobbled about in the saucers as they didn't fit right.
    I'm surprised this is called a hotel bed and breakfasts, even hostels have been better than this.

• Stayed: July 2013
    1  Thank FifiTBelle21
    Reviewed 29 June 2013

the room look clean but on taking a closer look needed cleaning under chair and dressing table
    shower had black moled and soap scum on shower door must have there some time air vent on bathroom wall full of dirt, toilet had not been cleaned, tapps over wash basin lose very dirt under wash basin my daugters room was no better I beleive if trading standards visited they would close it down we only stop one night but book two At the hospital for 7 hours with my daughter and preferred to drive home than stay an other night 4 hour drive

Room Tip: Just do not book find an other
    • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo