Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Ranked #553 of 1,243 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$37 - US$37
Cuisines: Italian, American, Diner, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Staff lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The food was well presented & very tasty. The service here is very friendly & particularly good with children, our son is 18 months old & he always gets plenty of attention here. Prefer this particular restaurant to any other frankie and bennys just because it's always a little quieter & nicer atmosphere. The food always seems like there's more effort been made at this one in comparison to others. See you soon! Another enjoyable visit.

• Polish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a prize!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I recently won a prize for a meal for 4 here including any cocktail each, I took my family so there were 8 of is in total 3 of which were children and 1 baby. Staff were very accommodating with the seating for us all and very helpful. Our waitress was called Joanne and she was brilliant, she was knowledgeable about the menu, cheerful and very patient! The food and the cocktails were lovely, we thoroughly enjoyed it and even though my husband's eyes were bigger than his belly and he could only manage to eat half of the enormous pizza he ordered Joanne offered to box it up for us to take home . Thank you so much to Joanne for looking after us and our noisy children and I'm sorry to tell you this but we will be coming back! .

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Victoria C
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
“Great venue for dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

The vast number of dishes on the menu meant it took quite a while to decide what to order! Staff were so obliging, & friendly & the food was exceptional!

Visited May 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Tea for the girls”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I took my 2 daughters here for there tea on Saturday night. They picked it, I was not looking forward to it. I was pleasantly surprised. Waited to be seated but this did not take to long. The restaurant was not busy. When we were shown to the table the girls took our drinks order straight away. By the time the drinks were brought to our table we were ready to order the meals. My eldest went for the cheese burger, I went for the steak and Philly burger and my youngest ordered from the kids menu and had sausage and mash. My girls really enjoyed their meals but I was not impressed with mine. No taste and very bland.
The childrens menu is very reasonable you get a drink main and dessert for under £6.
I would go back but not as my first choice.

• Visited April 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“I always enjoy going here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

I went with my family last weekend. The service was quick and the staff were really friendly. The atmosphere in here is always really nice and the food is always really delicious. I've been here 3 times already this year and every time I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience. It wasn't massively busy but in the past when I was there on a Friday at about 7-9pm it was very busy. So the earlier you go the quieter it will be I would imagine. Not a bad price as we had a 2 course deal from the specials menu for £11.95 per person and you can upgrade to 3 courses for an additional £2.50. You can only have the specials menu deal Sunday to Friday though. Drinks are very refreshing too. You can sit in a booth or at a table. I always enjoy going here!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travellers who viewed Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Newcastle-Upon-Tyne also viewed

Been to Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Newcastle-Upon-Tyne? Share your experiences!